Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x11 Powerless $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x11 Powerless $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[forgive the jumbled mess...]

Holy copout ending, Batman! The staple of hit shows affected by a writer's strike: clips from previous episodes!

That being said, who the hell shot Nathan?! Will Peter make the connection that HIS blood can save Nathan as well?

I loved the showdown twixt Matt and Peter... Once Matt started trying to tell Peter what the think, Peter caught on and threw it right back! And the bit about the virus vial falling... when Peter destroyed it, there was a pile of ash in his hand and the helix appeared... what's up with that?

The other hero offed this week was Nikki, which is still badass even without Jessica/Gina/whoever.

Angela was definately involved in Nathan's shooting... she was probably the one watching the feed. Just what else is there in that vault?

What is Noah up to? Is he really working for the company now?

Sylar's on the rise again... what kind of havoc will he wreak? My bets are that he's going to go after Peter. Sylar would LOVE to be able to absorb powers just by being near someone...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't how to react to this ending. I thought everything was going smooth until Nathan got shot and Nikki went kaboom. And now that the future has been averted yet again, where the hell is Caitlan? The future she's in no longer exists.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the future changed around her, like Jennifer in Back to the Future II.

Peter going through the hallway using all his powers was awesome though.

The helix thing is getting a little ridiculous. I mean seriously, how exactly does whatever force that's manifesting this reveal the shape in ash, and more importantly, why?

No love lost with Nikki, I've been waiting for her to get offed since the beginning. Took long enough. Now New Orleans girl will start looking after Micah and he'll keep convincing her to do the superhero thing, even though she'll resist at first since she basically got Nikki killed.

So that's a nuke and a virus. What's next?

Sylar shot Nathan. It seems pretty clearly him as he's walking away. My guess is that Elle somehow caught the feed and made a deal with Sylar.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, Sylar is in NEW YORK. Nathan, Matt and Peter are in Odessa TEXAS. Sylar can't teleport.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially since he didn't have his powers right then and was all bloody.

Fuck Sylar. Sylar sucks. I'm tired of Sylar.

Jesus Shit, my heart was pounding when Nathan was giving his speech. Then TSEW TSEW!! Maybe I'm stupid, but I did *not* see that coming.

All the heroes fighting each other was pretty cool. And what Hiro did to Adam - shades of Interview with a Vampire there.

And what the ruttin' hell is Angela's power? Now she's transmitting thoughts to Matt? Or was she just thinking 'forcefully' so he'd hear?

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the little bit of Sylar trying out his TK again with....A CAN OF SPINACH. Now if he only had a corncob pipe and a squint....

This episode did feel rushed though. They were trying to tie up too many threads on short notice. Hiro definitely has a sadistic streak. We know Adam can regenerate but what happens without oxygen? He will suffocate and die, but will he perpetually revive to suffocate again? THAT would even give Edgar Allen Poe the creeps.

I have this totally baseless feeling that Noah shot Nathan. Either that or yet another of the Dirty Dozen we haven't dealt with yet has made their presence felt.

So is Peter totally unaffected by Hiro's Temporal Pause Button because he has absorbed the power too? I am also surprised that Adam didn't give Hiro a slice of vengeance when he had the perfect opportunity. And WHY didn't the writers keep Maya DEAD. She is without doubt the most annoying character in the show. She even makes Claire look extremely intelligent.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Maya and Alejandro were nothing but MacGuffins whose only purpose was to allow Sylar to travel back to the U.S.

And don't be talkin no shit about Sylar. He can't help it if he's placed into a shitty storyline. Besides he might form the Heroes equivalent of the Legion of Doom.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Adam. He ought to suffocate, but he might regenerate and awake anyway. He'd then take a very long, and very bloody time to claw his way out of that hole. And when he does, he is gonna be maaaaaaaaad... Hiro is sticking to his character in being unable to actually kill Adam - I wonder if he'd been able to do it if Peter wasn't there to stop him from trying. Were he SMART, he might have dropped Adam in a volcano's ejecta or into a rockslide or something, where he'd be much more permanently buried. But Hiro's got his own poetry too.

Nikki dying is unfortunate, but I also got a semi-meh from it. She had a good story last year, but it was more or less concluded, and she wasn't really given anthing to do. However, I'm fairly certain she isn't quite dead either. Remarkably few people in this show have managed to STAY dead, and there are many comic-bookey ways for her to survive, so I doubt we've seen the last of her or her well-acted but otherwise bland story.

So, Angela P. has no powers? This season seems to show that the 30 years-past gang had as many norms as it did mutants (yeah, I said mutants). Hiro's dad apparently had none, and nor did Victoria Pratt. Bob, Linderman, Matt's dad, and Adam did. I wonder if it skips a generation in some after all.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's to say that Angela and Kaito have no powers? I reckon they do, but they're just not powers that would have been useful in the scenes we've seen them in, so we never saw them used. Just like with Bob, if he hadn't shown off his Midas power that one time then we never would have known he had one, despite the fact that he's been in virtually every episode this season. It's just not been useful.

I also think Niki could be coming back, particularly since she sort of died off screen. I was a bit confused though, why did Mohinder look intensely at the vial that came out of his bag and think of her? Did she get Adam or Claire's super blood when Mo injected her with the virus a few episodes back?

Come to think of it, I don't think any of the people offed in this episode will stay dead. Which is a bit lame. They could have at least got rid of Maya.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...why did Mohinder look intensely at the vial that came out of his bag and think of her?"

Because he was taking that blood to Niki to cure her of the virus.

"I have this totally baseless feeling that Noah shot Nathan."

How do you figure "baseless"? It's the same assumption I made. The shooter was the right build to be Noah. And he did say that he made a "deal" with the Company, with the implication that it probably wasn't something he was going to enjoy.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was said either in one of the episodes or one of the graphic novels, explicitly, that every member of the Twelve founders had an ability.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Then Pa Petrelli must have manifested well into his later years. He was quite disturbed by Linderman having a power, to the point of calling him a freak. And when they met up later on there was no mention of a power either.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

"I have this totally baseless feeling that Noah shot Nathan."

How do you figure "baseless"? It's the same assumption I made. The shooter was the right build to be Noah. And he did say that he made a "deal" with the Company, with the implication that it probably wasn't something he was going to enjoy.

Well I call it 'baseless' because other than it feels like a twist the story would take and with just that brief glimpse of someone in a long coat with short hair walking off, I really can't point to any solid evidence.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Jessica manifested rather late in life too - at least as old as Pa Petrelli was in Vietnam, and maybe/probably older. Same for Matt.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Dude, Sylar is in NEW YORK. Nathan, Matt and Peter are in Odessa TEXAS. Sylar can't teleport.

Hm, good point. I never said I was good at this.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps