Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x11 Powerless $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x11 Powerless $$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else find the persistent use of a split focus somewhat distracting, or am I imagining things?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I felt like I was watching 1970s movie making technique, or Star Trek TMP all over again.

However, I can understand the creative reason this was done. Whenever I see the split-focus thing, it looks to me like a comic panel with people in the fore and background, both in perfect focus. I think this was the intent.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I found it irritating. Wondered if it might have some significance, then quickly forgot about that and just wanted it to stop.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! Amazing! I didn't realise that this was the end of the 'season'. [Frown]

Then things started wrapping up and I guessed it might be.

Yes so questions:

Yes, what is up with the symbol on Peter? The only other person we've seen have a symbol appear is Jessica - not Nikki (remember she was covering it up with make-up in season 1).

Who shot Nathan - I thought it was probably Noah but then it cuts to Angela wearing black - possibly she shot her own son?

Why is Pandora's box open? Nathan didn't manage to say what his ability was.

Oh another reason why it could have been Angela... one of the main people we've seen that can withstand Parkman - and wasn't he making EVERYONE listen to him?

Will the virus still happen? Even though Peter nuked it - it's possible the powder could have some viral particles still in it - and Nikki is supposed to have the virus - is it possible she could spread it - Sylar too?

ALSO anyone notice the vault - all those nick-knacks?

A set of cards, a brain, a trojan horse and a dagger. This dagger is also a dagger that "The Nightingale" is wielding on the front cover of Micha's comic.

Also - growing powers... so far we've only really seen Matt's powers 'grow' (not counting Sylar or Peter)... I asked this last episode - but can you see any other's powers 'developing' as they get a handle on them? I mean what else would Hero be able to do? What about Molly, or West and Nathan?

What happened between Nathan and Matt on their trip to Odessa? [Smile] How FAST can Nathan fly?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Yes. I felt like I was watching 1970s movie making technique, or Star Trek TMP all over again.

However, I can understand the creative reason this was done. Whenever I see the split-focus thing, it looks to me like a comic panel with people in the fore and background, both in perfect focus. I think this was the intent.

Mark

Whatever the intent, the result was that it drew attention to itself. Possibly due to poor framing and giving actors too little space in which to act without half their face going out of focus.

quote:
Yes, what is up with the symbol on Peter? The only other person we've seen have a symbol appear is Jessica - not Nikki (remember she was covering it up with make-up in season 1).
We've seen it on Molly too when Matt's father locked her mind away.

quote:
Why is Pandora's box open? Nathan didn't manage to say what his ability was.
Possibly referring to what Peter is going to do next.

quote:
Will the virus still happen? Even though Peter nuked it - it's possible the powder could have some viral particles still in it - and Nikki is supposed to have the virus - is it possible she could spread it - Sylar too?
Nothing living, especially microbial life can survive being thoroughly irradiated. How Peter's hands survive it is another question.

quote:
ALSO anyone notice the vault - all those nick-knacks?
A set of cards, a brain, a trojan horse and a dagger. This dagger is also a dagger that "The Nightingale" is wielding on the front cover of Micha's comic.

Yes, that instantly put me in mind of the trophies in the Batcave.
Here's an idea, was that Nightingale comic a 9th Wonders? If so perhaps Issac has some posthumous predictions left in him yet.

quote:
Also - growing powers... so far we've only really seen Matt's powers 'grow' (not counting Sylar or Peter)... I asked this last episode - but can you see any other's powers 'developing' as they get a handle on them? I mean what else would Hero be able to do? What about Molly, or West and Nathan?
We've seen Hiro get a much better handle on what he can do, Micha also seams to be more proficient and they both seam to require less visible concentration. Remember when Hiro used to practically burst a blood vessel trying to concentrate on stopping time.
Then of course there's Maya.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micha also made the light turn green without having to touch it.

I'll point out also that viruses aren't alive, but their RNA certainly wouldn't survive that much radiation.

Angela couldn't have done it; she was watching a live feed of the event in some other location.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nothing living, especially microbial life can survive being thoroughly irradiated.
A side note, but this is sort of backwards. I sure hope at least something killed in this episode stays dead, though. (Maybe not Nathan, because that actor is OK.)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Micha also made the light turn green without having to touch it.
But he was touching the phone and so could probably access any system connected to a phone line or even a closed wireless system if he's able to modulate the frequencies. Assuming he can access a satellite's systems remotely, range isn't even an issue.

That's a scary thought, Micha potentially has the power to start WWIII, crash jets, blackout whole cities bankrupt major corporations and dig up dirt on just about anyone.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't know Angela's power. She was watching a TV - so maybe it was a later news event.

For all we know it was a future Hiro or Peter Patrelli?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Maybe Hiro - but I doubt Peter would kill his own brother. I mean, all it took were a few words about how he believed in him to make Peter just suddenly decide Adam was a bad guy.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Then Pa Petrelli must have manifested well into his later years. He was quite disturbed by Linderman having a power, to the point of calling him a freak. And when they met up later on there was no mention of a power either.

Yah. The Vietnam people were all like 18.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What will happen to the Primatech Paper Company. After that little event I don't think The Company can maintain that front anymore. Maybe they'll resurface as some other business.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ma Patrelli didn't kill Nathan. Someone called her on the phone to report that he'd been killed and the reason why. Ma Patrelli replied "yes, I understand. You do know you opened Pandora's box now..."

If Ma Patrelli killed Nathan, then that phone conversation was pointless.

Someone else killed him. My suspicion is Noah because of the deal he made with The Company.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe an entirely new character killed him.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Noah is too obvious. It's probably what the writers want us to think.

Remember back at the beginning of season 2 when they tried to make us think it was Nathan who was killing the oldies only for it to turn out to be someone completely different?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps