Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate Continuum $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stargate Continuum $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that'd cause one hell of a paradox...but then we've seen alternate timeline doppelgangers before. That 10,000 year old Weir jumps to mind, as dose Daniel in 'Mobius' so it's not against the logic established the show.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he could have killed himself in the past without erasing himself from the timeline. It's more likely that he locked himself up in a cell or put himself in suspended animation.

And yes, I believe the Ba'al who got symbiont-sucked was the last clone and the one who traveled back in time was the original.

One wonders though... the host has also been cloned. Does he retain the memories of centuries of enslavement?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe. If it's a pure genetic clone, no, but if he used any kind of Asgard technology he could transfer the host's memories and consciousness. However, if I were him, I'd avoid that if I could. It'd be more comfortable, I'd surmise, inhabiting an empty shell than struggling against another mind all the time. Unless the Goa'uld don't have to struggle or if they derive more pleasure from the subjugation than pain from the struggle.

Anyway, yeah, I thought the time-traveller was Ba'al-nil and the guy they symbio-sucked (should be called a parasite, not a symbiote, in an adult Goa'uld, shouldn't it?) was explicitly said to be the final clone.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time traveling Ba'al (whom I take to be the original) didn't have to go to the exact same time as Mitchel though, so he could have been plreparing to change the timeline for a while in advance. It didn't even have to be Ba'al who went back, but for dramatic reasons I think it was.

Since he's changed history, from his point of view, in his own lifetime, would it matter if he killed his past self - would past Ba'al be an alternate Ba'al?

It's all very confusing, and the only real plot hole they didn't wrap up...

...unless past Ba'al (from the orignal unhanged timeline) is still out there, as the last system lord, ready to cause more trouble. Nifty.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the past Baal could indeed still be somewhere waiting to make trouble, but- as a backup plan, I think Future Baal might have clued his other self in on some key future facts- there could be a version of Baal with a stranglehold on some corner of the Asgard galaxy (once the Asgard are all safely dead, that is, and after Baal re-populates some Replicator-destroyed worlds with Jaffa/slaves/clones of Jaffa that had good performance evaluations, etc.).

My question is- what did Baal have planned for Anubis? I mean, yeah, he could've aced the Kull warriors before they became a big threat but Anubis himself is nigh-unstoppable, unkillable and more of a jerk than baal because he's so damn short.

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baal's plan for Anubis was probably the same plan that prevented Anubis interfering during the thousands of years he was "missing". Anubis probably came back taking advantage of the confusion that arose due to SG-1 killing all those System Lords...Ra, Anubis, Heru'ur, Sokar, Cronus. With Baal pretty much in dominance, there wasn't so much confusion...just business as usual really, with the Goa'uld fighting amongst themselves.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Ba'al would've also known all about the tech that Anubis discovered or built that allowed him to do his butt-whupin'. Such as the Eye of Ra (and the various other eyes). Don't we even see a ship that looks like Anubis' super ship? That may suggest that Ba'al got all the Eyes and built his own BFG before Anubis could get them.

One-upping all his tech would effective make Anubis an former ascended being whose plans keep getting anticipated. Maybe he even tricked him into pulling something that made the Ancients stand Anubis in the corner.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps