Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Farscape (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Farscape
Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what an incredible TV show. Does anyone else watch it? This is what voyager should have been. This show has better acting, better stories, better continuity, does voyager even have continuity? j/k. anyways. what do you guys think?

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, Farscape kicks major SciFi butt... the 4-episode thriller looks to be great.

------------------
"I suppose you thought I was dead? No such thing. Don't flatter yourselves that I haven't got my eye upon you. I am wide awake, and you give plenty to look at."
Household Words, Aug. 24, 1850
From the Raven in the Happy Family

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blinks*

Are you people watching the same Sci-Fi Channel? Maybe there's something wrong with my vertical hold.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: yes we are, do you have the sci-fi channel?

-FTM

sci2kme

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Grand Admiral Reese
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Farscape. I caught the first part of its 4 parter, after not watching it for a while, and it seems like it will be pretty good.
IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The FarScape finale completly blows away anything I have yet to see on the Sci-Fi Channel in years. The FX are the best ever, characters and costumes absolutly perfect. Just the whole look of everything is far more alien then what I have seen before. This show is definatly a keeper. And it appears the masses agree, since a 2nd season is already being filmed, and even actions figures a planed for release sooner or later!

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, and try to catch it when I can. Unfortunately, I missed Part 1 of the season finale.

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is done really well. I caught the 1st part and really liked it. Should last for a good long while.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just...well, different strokes, I guess. But the Sci-Fi Channel has already lost the greatest show ever to appear on it.

------------------
--
R.E.M.

Gepta001
Member # 231

what wsa the greatest show to ever appear on scifi?

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Mystery Science Theater 3000. Quite possibly one of the greatest television shows ever, and that's only partially hyperbole.

------------------
--
R.E.M.

Gepta001
Member # 231

Part 2 is on right now!!! testing new status line out too.

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, part II is now complete, and, big bang all over again! Lots more action, and the metal head guy has actually become pretty kewl.

The music, the look, everything is just perfect for this show.

Any Moya's baby looks like it can kick some ass!

Now awaiting Part III!

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ookay, and for those of us that have never heard of Farscape? Plot? Era? Adolescent actors? SHIPS???

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited January 15, 2000).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Well, FarScape is a new Sci-Fi Series on the Sci-Fi Channel. Here's the answers to your questions:

Plot: IASA Astronaut John Chrichton is launched into space with the Farscape 1, a small spacecraft he designed. The Farscape is made to attempt to use Earth's gravity to slingshot the craft at tremendous speeds. Unfortunatly, halfway through the test, Farscape 1 gets sucked into a wormhole. Chrichton ends up in a distant part of the Galaxy where the Farscape 1 collides with a Peacekeeper Marauder, destroyed the Marauder. The Farscape 1 then finds itself in a small battle, and is soon tractored into the bay of the largest ship there. When Chrichton gets out of the Farscape and ends up at the bridge, he finds himself onboard a Leviathan Prison Transport full of escaped aliens and a captured Peacekeeper. As for the Marauder Chrichton rammed, it contained the son of Captain Crase, an insane leader of a Peacekeeper fleet. He blames Chrichton for the death of his son, and vows revenge, sending his entire fleet after the stolen Leviathan. And the rest of the series is just the crew of the Leviathan running and finding new planets (ala Voyager, but much better and realistic)

Era: Pretty much right now, just in a different part of the galaxy!

Actors: Very good actors. I'll tell you about the Characters here though. First, John Crichton, son of an astronaut and astronaut himself. An alien in an alien world. Next, K'Dargo, a Luxan Soilder who killed his commanding officer in battle. Uses his powerful Qualta Blade as a weapon (half sword, half rifle). Very big and very strong. Next, Aeryn Sun, former Peacekeeper exiled on the Leviathan for "contamination". She longs to return to the Peacekeepers, but as the show continues, she decides to stay with the crew of Moya (their Leviathan). Next, Rygel XVI, a 2 foot former dictator dethroned by his traitor brother. Mainly the comedy of the show, he's in it only for himself. Also farts Helium. Now, Zhan, a blue skined, bald priest with the ability to heal others with touch. She's always calm and focused, but can still put up a fight. Next, Chyana, newcomer onboard Moya, she's an escaped psych patient, and skin and hair of all white. Sort of the "Kid" of the ship. Hasn't totally proven herself yet. And finally, Pilot, who is attached to Moya (I'll explain later), and controls everything Moya does. Pilot is the middleman of information between Moya and crew.

Ships: Ah, the good part. First off, Moya is a living ship (and she actually looks like one, too, instead of those Breen things). Moya is also pregnant, and recently gave birth to a new Leviathan, which, unfortuantly, is covered with weapons. It's a first of it's kind Leviathan. As for Moya, since it's a living ship, it has feelings, including fears. For instance, it is scared to go inside the atmosphere of a planet to land since it might get stuck. As for the other alien's ships, well, they are all totally original and all totally alien looking. Interiors as well. The only ships I do not like are Captain Craise's ship, which looks like an overloaded Bi-Plane.

Does that answer your questions Nimrod?

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps