Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » "Interesting", By Phoebe. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: "Interesting", By Phoebe.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, it's really difficult to get half the comics over here, (I don't buy them anyway, just plonk myself down in the bookstore and read efverything, but...) so a lot of what I know has been reaved off the Marvel website.

Holocaust was a Horseman in the parallel timeline.

Knew about Stryfe, Caliban and Angel, and had forgotten about Exodus, but who the hell is Random? Never heard of him/her.

And Wolverine?! What the hell is the story behind that? I never heard of that. Was it from his distant past, or more recently, or was it in the Age Of Apocalypse itself?

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my brother has found a great place in Stockholm that can mail the stuff home to him, so he lets me borrow everything he's finished reading.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The wolverine-story is intimately connected to Apocalypse's latest (last?) scheme. Apocalypse gave Logan a choice, be a horseman or he'll just take another teammate. Logan thought he could handle it but...

So, Apocalypse summoned twelve seemingly unconnected mutants, their connection was later explained, and their gathered forces amplified him into a superbeing.

It wasn't complete, though, until he had absorbed the body of Nate Grey (X-Man), at which point Cyclops intervened and sacrificed himself in X-Man's place. The outcome was pretty much the same, and now nobody knows where either of them are, presently.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited January 24, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Random was a guy who could turn his forearms into big organic-energy guns, or somesuch.

Yeah, I read some Marvel, and some DC, and some Vertigo, and the occasional independent (Like Caliber's constantly very late Sherlock Holmes).

I only read a few Marvel series anymore. generally I pick up stuff set in alternate universes, because I like that kind of weird stuff, and how they alter the characters.

In fact, the only "regular-continuity" Marvel comics I read are Generation X, which is due to end its run in 2 more issues, and Punisher, which just ended a 12-issue series. The other stuff is all set in MC2 or Universe-X or some other world, like Mutant X.

Similarly, the DC stuff I like most are the Elseworlds books and miniseries, Kingdom-Come, and Earth-2 type books.

Vertigo? Dreaming, Books of Magic, Invisibles (I, II , and III), and related comics series.

Unfortunately, the comics market is in kind of a slump (people just aren't buying anymore), so I tend to have just enough time to get interested in a comic before they cancel it.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there you go. I'm at Punisher #11 right now, gonna read it now in fact (It's 0:32 here), and if you didn't know, they've started a new Punisher-series called "Punisher/Painkiller Jane", looks good also.

I hope they get out of that "slump", I think Samuel L. had a few points about it all, in "Unbreakable". If you haven't seen it he talked a bit about the ancient language of symbols and how it's survived into comic books in a certain sense, unfortunately distorted by greed and moneymaking in some cases...

*NOTE TO SELF: REMEMBER TO ASK MR CAPPS TO PUT SOME MORE SPACE BETWEEN THE "SUBMIT" BUTTON AND THE "CLEAR FIELDS" BUTTON*

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that Punisher/Painkiller Jane was a one-shot, not a new series. At least, it was the only issue solicited. I got it. Very funny.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Nim
Member # 205

Me feeling that, Sir Rod, me feeling that.

-How long has it been, Mr. Bumpo?
-About twenty minutes, Mr. Smith.
-We'll give it another ten.
-Okeydokey.

Bloody marvelous!!! I don't think Punisher has been this good ever!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

I still remember "It's... bears" from... Issue #3, I think.

GOD, this was a funny book!

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

"Cuddly, docile...that won't do at all... *smack*"

Poor little bears, they prolly put them to sleep...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited January 25, 2001).]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps