Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The next Transformers series... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The next Transformers series...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, my comic book source informs me that Vol. 1 of a Transformers recognition manual will be released sometime around May.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you guys every checked out Transformer the movie??

If not, I'm tell you now, it kicks ass!!!

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm tell you now"?
What you say? Now people are starting to talk like that to...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To whom?

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, how delightfully foul!
That's it!! No more disney channel for you, buster...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh what??

how does a topic of Transformer the movie got side tracked into the Disney Channel?

Nim
Member # 205

Ask Mr Dictionary up there.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think any of us have seen Transformers: The Movie. I sure haven't.

I'll keep a look out for that one, thanks for the tip. :-)

------------------
"This is such an amazingly minor complaint. Does anyone actually watch episodes anymore, or is it just a notebook + pause button exercise these days?"
-Sol System on what constitutes modern day Star Trek watching, 02-22-01

BlueElectron
Member # 281

I don't think you can find it in a video store though.

Cuz Transformer The Movie were draw and released in Japan, I'm not sure if it is officially released in North America.

Try your luck in some Anime store or Anime fan club.

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone's being clever...

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue Electron, Dude, he's yanking your chain.
Ultra Magnus (the Transformer, not the poster)'s first appearance was IN Transformers: The Movie, you silly person. Of COURSE he knows about it.

TF:TM has been available on VHS in the US for YEARS.

The DVD just came out a little while ago, tho. I bought it.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. It was American financed too. And although it was drawn in Japan, it was drawn to match the US voices. The Japanese voices were "dubbed" on after. They also got a slightly different edit of the movie.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so love playing "Tranformers: The Movie" at work; we do it so much. Nothing like hearing Galvatron order up someone's ass on a platter & mindlessly answering, "OK, Spock...jeez...not MY fuckin' fault you gotta wait 7 years for coochie." Of course, the added benefit of seeing & hearing Elliot-Ness-a-Tron makes it that much better.

Useless fact: Unicron was not only based on Orson Welles, he was drawn actual size.

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

SIR SIG
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cybertrons & Destrons?

We really are pulling some old names out of the hat!

This was the last place I'd expect to see TFs.

Just call me 'LandRover', thats my codename

------------------
An Aussie Trek Narrator

IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cybertrons and Destrons aren't really old names, since Destrons were last called such in Beast Wars Metals, released in Japan in 1999/2000, and Cybertrons were called such in Car Robots, which was the last Transformers series to be shown in Japan. So they are old names, in the sense of, well, being old, but they're still used. (Okay, Destron has become Destronger, which sounds daft, but still...)

Annoyingly, the ONE Car Robot figure I haven't got that I was going to get (The JRX train combiner), hasn't been listed for a "Robots in Disguise" release. So I'll have to buy the Car Robots version. Gnash. My life is obviously pure hell.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps