Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The next Transformers series... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The next Transformers series...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no no no! The three part pilot of Transformers (called "More than meets the Eye", or occassionally "Arrival from Cybertron"). And the movie. And seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars (they're only 13 eps each. And they've just come out on video over here).

Big Bad Toy Story have a fair few, but they mainly concentrate on new "Beast" toys, and Japanese stuff, rather than old G1 stuff.

They do have God Magnus, and Super Mach Alert (you mean one of them, right First?). If you want reviews, then, er, Goktimus has some nice ones with pictures, although Dave's Transformers Page (despite having a naff title) has far better reviews, but text only.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited March 04, 2001).]

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detailed reviews of the toys. With pictures.
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/kool_toyz/tf2000.html

That being said, I don't know whether to praise Rhino Video or curse them. Yes, they are releasing TF on home video. Yes, they did release TF:TM on DVD. But. They are releasing the episodes with no rhyme or reason, in no order, usually with episodes from different seasons on the same tape. And they are only putting one hour of material on said tapes, so we haven't gotten any of the 3+-parters yet. Not to mention their DVD transfer of TF:TM is borderline awful. All you dang Canucks got a better version than we did.

I'm still huntin' for the rest of FHE's first season videos. And I have a good friend who has most of the episodes taped off of TV (I want to put together a compilation of the commercial bumpers -- those were neet!) back when they first aired. About the only episode she missed taping -- and is still pissed about -- was the original two-part version of "The Search for Alpha Trion". Granted, she does have the later, single-part version, but those extra twenty minutes would be nice to see again...

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These figures posted on the web site are relativly new right??

cuz, I can't find some of the one I used to own in the site.

The only one I can find is the "black convoy", and "red convoy" which I used to own

[This message has been edited by BlueElectron (edited March 05, 2001).]

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone help me identify one of the transformer that I used to own:

It is one of the large transformer toy.

consisted of a M-1 tank and a black bird air plane. The plane made up the body, and the tank made up the legs.

It can be tranformed into a mobile base, it also came with two little guys which you can "fold" and stuck them into the main body when in "robot" mode.

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
F*CKF*CKF*CK

I know this one - he was (mainly) blue on his front and black on his back. Had a purple gun that fired spring-loaded black missile, and had like 6 mortar tubes and a twin-barrelled cannon in his chest.

Overlord? Something suchlike?
The two little fellows were like Powermasters, I think.

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be a heretic, but, where any fully functional battleoid-toys completed for Robotech or Macross (I&II)? That could go btw plane, mecha and "Guardian"?
I seem to recall some nice toys in a trailer ad in the original rental-tapes in the 80's... I'd buy one straight off.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overlord sounds about right. I've never had him, but I saw a pic of the Japanese version once.

You couldn't have had "Black Convoy", since that toy only came out about, ooh, 6 months ago. It IS a repaint (a pretty funky repaint) of Laser Rod Optimus Prime, who came out in 1995 (I think). If by Red Convoy, you mean the original, then, well, that's Optimus Prime. He's been around since 1986. EVERYONE had him. He had knees!

Nimrod: There are LOADS of transforming Macross figures. Hell, one WAS released as a Hasbro-owned Transformer (an old Valkyrie toy), and called Jetfire (or Skyfire in the cartoon). Check BigBadToys (the links up above), they have a couple of the newer Macross figures, including the YF-21. There's one in particular, the YF-19, that looks gorgeous. The YF-11B looks pretty tasty too. Although Bandia seem to be following the Hasbro/Takara root more now, and are releasing different coloured versions of the same toy. So you can pre-order the VF-19 Fire Valkyrie for only $79.99. Do you have Chinatowns in Sweden Nimrod? They often have Anime stores, and they sometimes carry toys too.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited March 07, 2001).]

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does Gundam fit in to all this?

I have a picture of a Gundam-poster with a guy standing in front of a red, white and blue mecha, inserted in front of some space station.
The positioning looks exactly like that of the big mecha (battleoid) posing in the opening credits of RoboTech. Are they connected?

Correct me if I'm wrong:

THE MACROSS SAGA:

1999 - RoboTech: Alien BattleFortress (SDF-1) crashes in Macross Island.

2022 - RoboTech II: The Sentinels (Haven't seen it)

2040 - Macross Plus MiniSeries: On the colonized planet "Eden" the ministry of defense is working on transformer-weapons to fight off invading aliens. (Haven't seen this)

~2120 - Macross II MiniSeries: Eighty years after events in Macross Plus, Man and Zentradi has formed peace alliance. (Not seen this)

After this there seems to be "Southern Cross" and "New Generation".

Is Gundam in here somewhere?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Nim
Member # 205

And who here is Chris Martin? I don't know the names of everyone here, and he wanted to put me in his ICQ-list, but the message only said "It's Me!". No reference to Flare at all...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: 'Tis Fabrux.

------------------
"The Long Kiss Goodnight begins, more or less, with Geena Davis being kicked in the head by a deer. This was the high point of the film."

- Sol System, 2/24/01

Nim
Member # 205

Ok. That's good to know.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... In 1982 in Japan, a show hit the air called "Superdimension Spacefortress Macross". It was first in a (mostly unrelated) series of three "Superdimension" shows put out by the same studio. After "Macross" was "Suerdimension Century Orguss" (unrelated save the name and a brief cameo by Sammie -- one of the bridge bunnies aboard the Macross), and "Superdimension Cavalry Southern Cross" (completely unrelated).

Later, in the mid-'80s, came "Macross: Do You Remember Love", presented as a movie made in the Macross universe looking back at the Zentraedi War. After that, in the early '90s I believe, came "Macross II", set about two generations after the original. Then, on the heels of that, "Macross Plus" and "Macross 7".

In the US, however, a gentleman named Carl Macek wanted to bring the first "Macross" to US TV, as "Space Battleship Yamato" had been American-ized as "Star Blazers". However, there weren't enough enpisodes in the series' run to meet the syndication requirements of the time, so he also bought the rights to two other unrelated series -- "Southern Cross" and "Genesis Climber M.O.S.P.E.A.D.A." -- and piled them all together into a single continuity he created, which hit American airwaves as "Robotech" in 1985.

The two continuities are utterly divergent. Many would be happy to endlessly debate which version is better, but I'm a wierdo. I like them both.

And there's no Gundam in there anywhere.

--Jonah

P.S. Nimrod: Toys were made for the VF-1A (single laser on head), VF-1J (two lasers on head), VF-1S (four lasers on head), VF-1D (two-seat trainer, two lasers on head -- AKA VT-1), and VE-1 (ELINT variation). I'm not too sure about the 'A', but the 'J' and 'S' were available in regular, "Super", and "Armored" versions. There are also a few transforming model kits presently available, in addition to the old toys. Just do a web search for "Macross toys" to see what's available on that front, and visit Hobby Link Japan (http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljlist.cgi?Series=Macross=SciOth=2) to see what's currently available from Japan.

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

[This message has been edited by Peregrinus (edited March 06, 2001).]

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Macross Plus is the only japananimation with decent dub. So I recommend it to all people.

and Gaseous Anonmoly, you're right on target, that's the one I own. What was it called again? Overlord?

And yes, I own the "red convoy" not the black one, but they look pretty similar, so it's either one of the two.

------------------

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Ah HA!

I also own the Macross giant carrier-robot dude, pretty damn big too.

I think I also own 2 or 3 mecha of "thunderbolt"(the plane that was used before the newer series such as Macross Plus), too bad though, I broke them all when I was a kid.

Damn!

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Aargh! Me jealous! And I found some goods on a mangatoy-page. The VF-1S would be my choice, it looked like the one from the skull-squadron, with the black and yellow tail. So cool... Did the big Macross fortress transform as well, like in the show(s)?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps