Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Jurassic Park 3 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Jurassic Park 3
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it would be considered general sci-fi, anyhow, who has seen it? I did the other day and it was good, not a thinking movie but action and one of the summer flicks we get every year.
The Raptors were smarter than ever, and at points, they were too smart to be taken seriously, and the Spinosarous was off in size and strength, but they wanted their new baddie dino to be king of the island, so they had to embellish a bit.
It's better than the second movie but not quite as good as the first. I'd recommend seeing it if you want some action with the right amount of humor in it. Sam Neill is great with the humor in the movie.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the spino was toned DOWN a bit to make it more evenly matched with the TRex, but still stronger. The actual spino skelliton was 20 feel taller (the only skelliton was burned down decades ago in a fire)

i loved the movie, WAY better then The Lost World, but I still think the original was the best.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIR, it wasn't as big. I'll do some digging and find the actual sizes for both, but the T-Rex still holds the record for biggest walking carnivore thanks to Sue.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why didn't anyone run into the spino last time they were at site B, ie: lost world? it was a cool dino. the raptors are the best dino's in the movies. the anklyosaurs were cool too.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Teelie
Member # 280

Cause they did explain it in the movie.
That was Isla Nublar (both JP and LW), this is Isla Sorna or some such. Two totally different islands.
And the ankylos were a surprise to me too. I didn't know they'd pop up at all.

--------------------

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isla Sorna is site B lost world was on site B. i just watched all the movies. they destroyed site A. like bombs an guns and stuff. the place is a wasteland. site A is gone.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

WERUreo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that JP3 was decent. Definitely not as good as the first movie. I especially liked the bird cage. That was a great scene. Except maybe for the parasailing sequence. That was a little hard to stomach.

Also, the end was complete crap. I mean, I know they had to end the movie somehow, but that was just a weird way to end it. First off, maybe I just missed what Sam Neill's character told Laura Dern's character (I'm not good with character names), but I don't recall him telling her that he was on Isla Sorna. So her sending the military there made no sense to me.

Also, how did that other guy beat them to the shore to be picked up by the military? Especially if he was as injured as he turned out to be?

My final beef with the movie was how predictable the final scene with the Raptors was. I mean, as soon as they show the cast of the vocal chamber in the beginning, you had to know that would be put to use somewhere near the end of the movie.

Now that I've completely picked the movie apart, I still want to say that it was a good movie, and I don't think that I wasted my money seeing it. It was a lot better than Pearl Harbor or Tomb Raider, IMHO.

IP: Logged
Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well in real life, the spinosaurs was an "impressive sized beast" with a unique skull and a fin running down its back. An adult spino could be quite big, actually growing to be larger than the t-rex."
-http://www.dansjp3page.com/faq.asp#10

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Wes1701E ]

Da_bang80
Member # 528

i didn't know the spino existed till JP3. i still think the raptors are the stars of all the movies.

--------------------

Wes
Member # 212

agreed. the raptors are my fave.... they were wonderfully done in JP3
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So am I the only one who thinks that the first film sucked. It was all f/x and little or know plot. It was changed from the books story to be "PC", and generally blew chunks. Bad movie, bad, bad.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dinosaur species seen in the Three films:

1. Velociraptor
2. Pteranodon
3. Triceratops
4. Brachiosaurus
5. Parasaurolophus ("The one with the pompadour! Elvis!!!")
6. Pachycephalosaurus ("The Fat Head w/the Bald spot. Friar Tuck.")
7. Tyrannosaurus Rex
8. Spinosaurus
9. Procompsagnathus (Compys)
10. Ceratosaurus (The one in 3 with the single horn)
11. Dilophosaurus (the Spitter)
12. Stegosaurus
13. Euplocephalus (The one most people call the Ankylosaurus. I say its the relative Euplocephalus because that one was mentioned in the first book as one of the original fifteen species.)
14. Metriacanthosaurus (This one wasn't actually seen, but it was what one of the test tubes Nedry stole in the first one was labeled. Incidentally, Metriacanthosaurus was very much like Spinosaurus, only a bit smaller.)
15. Gallimimus

Additional dinosaurs from the Two novels and the junior novelisations:

16. Carnotaurus (TLW)
17. Hypsilophodon (JP)
18. Hadrosaurus (JP)
19. Mussaurus (TLW)
20. Othnielia (JP)
21. Microceratops (JP)
22. Styracosaurus (JP)
23. Apatosaurus (JP, TLWJN)
24. Miasaurus (JP)
25. Ceradactyl (JP)
26. Pterosaurus (JP)

Addititonal species from the toy lines:

27. Dimetrodon
28. Utahraptor
29. Chasmosaurus
30. Scutosaurus
31. Estemmenosuchus
32. Allosaurus
33. Baryonx
34. Coelophysis
35. Ornithosuchus

(The following species are invented cross-breedings from the Chaos Effect series.)

37. Tanaconda (cross of Tanystropheous and Anaconda)
38. Compstegnathus (cross of Compsagnathus and Stegosaurus)
39. Ultimasaurus (combination of Tyrannosurus, Velociraptor, Triceratops, and Ankylosaurus)
40. Tyrannonops (cross of Tyrannosaurus and Lycenops)
41. Velocirapteryx (cross of Velociraptor and Archaeopteryx)
42. Paradeinonychus (cross of Parasaurolophus and Deinonychus)
43. Ankyloranondon (cross of Pteranodon and Ankylosaurus)
44. Amargospinus (cross of Amargosaurus and Spinosaurus)

Sorry. I'm a Dork.

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

from the novel, Lost World. what was the name of the dino that could blend in with it's surroundings? i can't remember the name. i thought that one was pretty neat. like a giant man eating cameleon.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the Carnotaurus. The name means 'meat-eating bull.' It was a bipedal predator about 7.5m long and 3.5m tall, with two bony horns on its head. It was built sort of like T-Rex, but more compact, bulkier, with shorter, stubbier arms. Scientists don't have any evidence that hey were chameleons. Like the Dilophosaur's spitting, that was sort of a creative invention of Michael Chrichton. There's a drawing of it in the novel, on the Island overview page, along with drawings of the other dinosaurs in the book. (Except Mussaurus)

Too much info?

Anything else?

MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Wes
Member # 212

quote:
Originally posted by Kosh:
So am I the only one who thinks that the first film sucked. It was all f/x and little or know plot. It was changed from the books story to be "PC", and generally blew chunks. Bad movie, bad, bad.

Realy? i thought the plot was better then The Lost World, where the whole thing was pretty much based on a bad excuse to get more people on an Island.

I would put this movie inbetween TLW and the Original

JP: 9/10
TLW: 7/10
JP3: 8/10

easy enough.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps