Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Jurassic Park 3 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Jurassic Park 3
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A commander of a vessel does not have the power to change the pre-determined course set out for the pre-determined assignment unless an order has been issue from way higher level of the government (in this case the president).

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...why do you think ships have commanders?

Anyway, what the heck is the problem? Oh no, some military units performed a rescue operation. My god, such a thing is utterly unprecidented in the history of the world!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Sol System!

We never did figure out what ate the ship crew in TLW, did we?

--------------------
Meh

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta agree about the low survival probability for the kid.

If either my teenager or 11 year-old had to live without Nintendo for more than a day, we'd see cardiac failure...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there's plenty of precedent for any military to go do a rescue operation if they're in the vicinty, pre-determined destinations or not (to think of it, they'd have to have one though, what else would they be doing, just touring the seas as the currents took them? ;p).

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They shouldn't have been on the island in the first place. They went to save their son. Now all we had to do was send in some troops and Jesse Jackson.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"to think of it, they'd have to have one though, what else would they be doing, just touring the seas as the currents took them? ;p)."

Uh...its called a patrol...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they'd have a perimeter to patrol right? They don't just wander around listlessly.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if I were in charge of the Navy (and god willing someday I will be ), I would absolutely make sure I had a coupla megatons worth of firepower patrolling the dinosaur islands.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should've dropped Robert Duvall on the island! He would've cleaned them out!

Scene from JP III:Redux
Duvall(as Colonel Kilgore): I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
(Cut to a shot of planes nuking a raptor nest)
Duvall: The smell of victory!

Woo-hoo!

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw it, why did Sam Neill call the spinosaur something else, a much longer name? It ended with "aeghyptis" or something...

The "superpredator" duel was the best scene in the movie, IMO. I hate how they PG-13'd all the human-deaths, like Raptors really would snap a fallen humans neck instead of just biting his throat out.
In JP-I they bit Samuel L. Jackson's arm off, damnit! And paraded around with it, only to place it on Laura Dern's shoulder, a very neat gesture.

That annoying wife really filled the crybaby role of that previous, flashlight-waving little girl in the first movie, oh how I wanted her devoured!!

And another spineless character by William H. Macy. God he's pathetic!

But explain this to me. Why in the hell did the para-gliding guy, who'd videofilmed both himself and the "MacGyver"-kid hanging in the tree, still hang in the tree after eight weeks, dead?
He'd clearly been alive and well when releasing the boy from the parachute-harness, then he should've released himself and gotten underway.
Didn't the boy try to help him get down at all?

And I'd really expected the soldiers in the end to mow a bunch of attacking dino's down like WWI trenchfighting, damn pussies for not including that. Those amphibian ships had the coolest twin-barrel cannons on the nose.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, why was the guy hanging in the tree with all the hungry dinosaurs roaming around in a movie that shouldn't even have been made?

I do hope that the army vs. dinosaurs thing will happen in Jurassic Park 4, because that's the only thing I ever want to see involving dinosaurs in movies again. Dawn of the Dead, but with dinosaurs. Dawn of the Dinos. You know? End of the Sapien Epoch, or what have you.

Especially sense that dragon movie of the summer failed me so horribly. I have this poster with a f-15 attacking a dragon that so needs to be made into a movie scene that it hurts.

Not much, but it does hurt.

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nimpim:
Just saw it, why did Sam Neill call the spinosaur something else, a much longer name? It ended with "aeghyptis" or something...

Full scientific name of the critter, genus and species. Just like Tyrannosaurus rex. I always thought he was testing his student, trying to see what he knew.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude! they could make it just like those cards i collected as a kid! dinos killing people brutally, but every once in a while grandma has a rocket launcer! [Frown] [Mad] my god these movies have gotten bad.
IP: Logged
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus this thread is old.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps