Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Quidditch, Hogwarts, & other Muggle Info ... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Quidditch, Hogwarts, & other Muggle Info ...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn on A&E -- Biography is running a bit on JK Rowlings. It's really fascinating -- this woman keeps COPIOUS notes. She has the names of every student of Hogwarts, for one thing. She also has self-done pictures (very good ones, too!) of various events of the books -- Hagrid on the Gringott's cart, the bricks opening to Diagon Alley, the assorted characters ...

Also, Entertainment Weekly did a cover story on "Chamber of Secrets." Comes out Nov. 15th, with "Prisoner of Azkhaban" beginning production in early '03 for a Thanksgiving '03 release. Sadly, Chris Columbus is NOT directing (his choice), but he will be producing. It's kind of funky to think that by the time we all see Star Wars Episode III, "Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire" will be in post-production and "Harry Potter & Whatever-The-Title-Is" will be in pre-production ... (at this rate, anyway).

Speaking of which, anyone know when book five comes out?

[ May 31, 2002, 19:10: Message edited by: Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry who? [Confused]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, are you serious? Do you live in a hole or something?

Also, I can't think of his name, but the Colonel from "BlackHawk Down" and the British cavalry officer from "The Patriot" will portray Lucius Malfoy. [Smile]

[ May 31, 2002, 19:25: Message edited by: Snay ]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Hawk Down. Two words, despite the helicopter.

Haha! The359 is SOO out of the loop! He probably doesn't even know what MTV is! Ha! These kids today, not knowing pop culture! Or knowing, but making a funny joke on our overexposure of such culture! HAHA! Lamer.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, you're right ... Black Hawk Down. I'm wrong. The357 either lives in a concrete hill or is a lamer. But not as much as Defiant, who I strongly suspect is Still Bannified.

Can we please talk about Harry Potter now?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was joking, sheesh. It was meant to imply "who cares about Harry Potter anymore?"

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The precocious brat. ;-)

Someone mind telling me why this isn't in "General Sci-fi"?
Gs/f deals with fantasy as well, as "Lord of The Rings" resides there. It should be renamed with the "fantasy"-bit added.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently she's having trouble writing the fifth book. I think I heard it'll be out early next year.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, actually, Snay, the movie "Prisoner of Azkaban" won't be released until 2004.

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It's going to take two years to do? Why? It starts filming winter of '03. That's the same time-frame they had with "Stone" and "Chamber", and they both came out that same year November.

Wraith, not only is book five finished, but book seven is finished. According to JK Rowlings on Biography last night, anyway.

Why ISN'T this in gen sci-fi? SIIIIIIMON ... !

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMDb and Coming Attractions both say the Prisoner of Azkaban will come out in 2004. I guess they're taking a year off.

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I wouldn't place a lot of stock in either of those fine movie news institutions.

"Prisoner of Azkaban" begins filming in January '03, which means it'll be done by the summer and out of post-production in time for Thanksgiving '03 ... I don't see why they'd hold it for a year.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wraith, not only is book five finished, but book seven is finished. According to JK Rowlings on Biography last night, anyway.

There's a difference between "has rough notes on", and "has a completed manuscript". She has been having trouble with book 5, which is why it keeps getting pushed further and further back.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why ISN'T this in gen sci-fi? SIIIIIIMON ... !
Don't ask me, I didn't start it. I'm not at all certain it needs to be there. But whatever you say.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Liam,

She's got more then "rough notes" ... or maybe she's skipping around the books, but she showed the completed epilogue of Book Seven on the program. Of course, it was bound in a notebook, but she very clearly made the point that it was being submitted to the publisher. Now, if she's got the end of Book Seven finished, it's a good bet Book Five is written as well.

I'm not sure it needs to be in Gen Sci-Fi either, Simon, but Nimmy seems to think so, so what can I say about it?

BTW: Defiant = MIB.

[Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps