Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Quidditch, Hogwarts, & other Muggle Info ... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Quidditch, Hogwarts, & other Muggle Info ...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoisday?
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
comes after Weddingsday.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the day that TLC airs a marathan of A Wedding Story episodes capping off with the series crossover episode of Paige Davis' wedding?

I hate those days.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If you don't like stuff written for a younger audience, then you're not going to like it, no matter how well-written a kids' book it may be.

I've read some Star Wars books written for the younger crowd, and liked them, so I'll probably give the first Harry Potter book a try, but I'll try to get a copy from England or Canada, so nothing has been changed.

Compareing LotR's to Harry Potter is Apples and Oranges.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh, the only thing changed (as far as I know) is that "philosopher's" has been changed to "sorcerer's."

[Smile]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Plato was an early wiccan, then? :.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the word 'Philosopher' was deemed too offensive for the general public to consume. Their minds might well recoil at the thought that there are in fact, people who think thoughts on a more than regular basis. Then they'd forget.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that all the slang was changed as well.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure "offended" is the right term.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

My next Lego project is Hogwarts Castle. I bought three castle sets off eBay for $50 a pop. That should at least allow me to make a decent Great Hall.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most colloquisms were changed, lest some poor American kid read the word "fortnight" and die screaming in flames.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't understand most books and writing anyway. Including here.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pushing aside the incredible urge to make a funny, I shall focus on something else. Namely, why you have a link to Wil Wheaton's website in your signature. I am... concerned.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

He's Being Wil's Crush, isn't it obvious? [Big Grin]
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...I watched the Harry Potter DVD last night.

It was good fun. I was suprised that it had Trent Reznor in it, as one of the professors.

What? Alan Rickman? [Eek!]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps