Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Mars Trilogy is Awesome, with apologies to Elna (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Mars Trilogy is Awesome, with apologies to Elna
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i refuse to think of it. *shudders*
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Battlefield Earth was actually quite a lot of fun to read, but artistically it has no merits whatsoever.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Elna
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah im not sure whethere its terraformed in trekor not either. I agre wiv blue mars being a bit political, i skipped loadsa pages coz i got bored!!! They'd have to have bloody good film people to do the books justice and really cood graphics for the canyons and all that. Only other problem is being able to make things look so big, i cant imagine anything like ythe scale the books describe, i mean some of the canyons on mars would fit loadsa grand canyons iun and still not be full, also, how would they be ab;le to create the effect of the near hoizons on computer?? I suppose they might have to take actual pictures from mars and feed them in and then somehow use them to get the desired scenes.
IP: Logged
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus Christ. Will you PLEASE try to write English properly?! It's fucking embarrassing, there are people here who don't have English as their first language yet manage to be more coherent! If you can't be bothered to put some effort into what you write, why should we be bothered to read it?

I suspect another antisocial.com invasion myself. . .

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with Vogon, but not his tone. please assume that someone will be reading your writing, and preview it accordingly.
Elna
Ex-Member

Well maybe you people should be less fucking hung up about the way i type?? Im posting on this site so i can talk to people who are interested in similar things to me not to have you all be sad bastards and talk about nothing better than whether my english is up to your standards. I'll have you all know im predicted A* in both of my upcoming english gcse exams (thats A+ for all you americans) so you can just all shove your moaning where the sun dont shine. I didnt register here to be moaned about, i registered here to have some nice conversations with some intelligent people, but maybe hoping for that was a bit too much then?? Maybe i'll just go somewhere where people will just reply to the things i actually write instead of being hung up in their own stupid little worlds of perfect grammar. I mean are you here to discuss sci-fi and all that or to just be sad idiots?? I'm sooo sorry i dont fit in with you, im just gutted (yeah right). You obviously dont have room for normal pepople in this place, or intelligent ones so FUCK YOU ALL!!! Oh and whoever owns this site if u log me off, guess wot?? I dont give a shit so HA!
Elna
Ex-Member

Oh, for anyone who is actully interested in talking i dont mean to offend you, just the ones who have moaned both on this thread and the one in the officer's lounge where it ws originally posted (wrongly!!) If there are people who wanna have a discussion about mars ill talk to you no problems, but people just need to lighten up a bit. So anyone who hasnt done anything [Big Grin] i dont mean to offend you lot!
Lee
Member # 393

Well, good luck on your GCSEs because you're sure going to need it. I suggest you just calm down, think about what you want to say and then try to get it across as clearly as possible. Your current style might be ideal for discussions at www.mykindaplace.com over which member of Blue is the hunkiest, but not here.

Ooh, that was just plain mean, wasn't it? Sorry, don't take it personally, I'm nasty to everyone. Oh, and by the way, for the most part we're here just to be sad idiots. 8)

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calm down!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elna, just out of curiosity, what IS your first language?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"gays and lesbians" in 5, 4, 3, 2...
The BWC
Ex-Member

Are you from the Trek BBS, by any chance?
Or using AOL Instant Messenger?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:::raises half a brow::: I'M on AOL, Boy Without Common-sense. Are you attempting to imply something, hmm?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The BWC
Ex-Member

No, It's just that most people who use that a lot go into AOL-kiddie-speak.
(I have something 4 u, Hey ppl, What r u doing, ect. )
No offense for those who use AOL and can type properly.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personages currently dwelling within the boundaries of transparent domiciles would do well not to engage in limb-powered flight of hardened earth objects.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps