Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Mars Trilogy is Awesome, with apologies to Elna (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Mars Trilogy is Awesome, with apologies to Elna
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Maybe i'll just go somewhere where people will just reply to the things i actually write instead of being hung up in their own stupid little worlds of perfect grammar."

People did reply to what you wrote. You wrote something almost wholly unintelligible, and they responded by telling you as much.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this thread doesn't move back into some sort of civilized discussion about the original topic soon, I'll just lock it and let it die a nice quiet death.

Elna: I said so in your original Officers' Lounge thread, but I'll add it here as well: Welcome to Flare. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us and join our little circle of insanity and inanity. That said, there are a couple things about this place that you should be aware of.

First, this place is fairly friendly and tight-knit community. If you search through the old threads of the Officers' Lounge, you will see this quite plainly. You'll also note that there is a bit of good-natured ribbing amongst us. So, for the most part, don't take the harsh remarks at face value as an insult. A good amount of the time, it's just a joke (and it is rather unfortunate that sarcasm and the tone of humor do not carry well on the Internet).

Second, while there aren't any official rules on the subject, there are some standards about posting here (think of them as common law). It is simply a fact that posts that use capitalization, puncuation, and paragraphing and avoid Internet subbing (like using "2" for "to" or "u" for "you") are easier to follow and understand. It makes for a smoother read and clarity of thought.

The posters in this thread aren't harping on your typing for the sake of ragging on the newbie. It's simply to let you know that we're having trouble following you. I'll admit that I had trouble reading through some of your earlier posts in this thread. We're asking you to change your typing so that we can hold a discussion with you.

[ June 16, 2002, 19:46: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Elna
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well normally i can type like a normal human being like i am now, it's just that i do have instant messenger and also, i have a habit of typing fast so my words get muddled up a bit. My first language is english thank you very much whoever that was, and in english exams you dont type so i'll have no problems placing my letters in the right order in my words!! And yes i did take it personally and i dont appreciate you being wuite so nasty about it, maybe you could have said it in a nicer way that you didnt understand what i wrote, like captain mike did and i wouldnt have had to get all nasty and defensive.
IP: Logged
Elna
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
MARS IS WONDERFUL!!7 Maybe you shiould close the topic because no one is interested anyway [Frown] I will stay here as long as people are nice to me and dont call me an embarassment anymore [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in that case, I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say, don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::sigh:: I give up. Thread closed.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps