Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Farscape is iced... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Farscape is iced...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show is instantly recognizable as a Henson production, yes. I thought it was a remake of that "Amazing Stories-esque" show they produced back in the 80s when I first saw it. Now that was good TV.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing Stories was Must Watch TV back in the day.

They had the best opening title sequence ever, too. Long have I wanted to get an .avi of that and have it start when I fire up the 'puter. (just once or twice. After that it would be boring.)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes, but it lacked a certain crazy weirdness that the Henson show had. The magic sack! That's all I remember clearly, but it was a magic sack!
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely it wasn't a purple wand and a hairy sack of magic?

I've been listening to far too much Bill Hicks.

Amazing Stories had an french knight slicing at you in the opening. You can't beat that.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bastards...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... I wonder if this means they're more or less likely to start rerunning the show from the beginning again, so that I can start fucking watching it?!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be a publicity stunt???

I would like to catch all of the Ep.s I've missed....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be, but it'd have to be an extremely high-level one. I don't think the cast and crew of Farscape would actually lie to the fans, so they, at least, think it's real.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a difference a year makes... I found a copy of that press release which came out sometime in the Fall 2001 -- October, I think.

http://www.farscape.com/092701.html

Notice how much they're singing 'Scape's praises... and the use of superlatives from TV Guide and USA Today.

God, I hate TV executives...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.jimhenson.com/farscape.html

Interesting...

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Don't get me wrong. There are lots of great shows on cable. I hardly ever watch the networks anymore. But don't think I could count many of them as "risky" or avant garde.

Try "Six Feet Under".

I love "Farscape", but I don't think I would care much for an anime version. I am hopeing someone picks up the show, but Anthony Simcoe said yesterday that the sets were already coming down and Pilot was already "in a box".

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

As I said, there is an entire ocean of difference between basic cable and premium channels like HBO.
Member # 480

"Six Feet Under" is the bomb, yo.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farscape is good, but it isn't the Sopranos or Law and Order. actually, i've enjoyed Odyssey 5 more this last year than Farscape.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
it isn't the Sopranos or Law and Order
A most curious continuum. It is not air OR water. It is not a car OR a nematode.

[In other words, I am suggesting (overly wordily) that those two shows have very little in common.]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps