Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Farscape is iced... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Farscape is iced...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that Myst?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Of course I know about FF10. But, if it's called that here, then doesn't that mean there have actually been thirteen games?
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myst was fun for ten minutes, even if just on a "Look at all the pretty pictures!" level. Mystic Quest wasn't even fun for that.

Mystic Quest has a special place in my heart.

Imagine: You've just played FF3 (IV, whatever), and you loved it. You want another FF game to play. You find one at the store that you've never heard of before, and you buy it anyway, thinking: "Man, that last game really rocked. This one is by the SAME GUYS! I AM GOING TO LOVE THIS!"

You get it home, and it's...Mystic Quest. I found out later that Mystic Quest was developed for the US market, where RPG's weren't selling very well. The idea at Squaresoft was: "They must not like our games because they are TOO HARD. Let's give them one that is EASY."

Now, we're talking about Final Fantasy RPGs here. The word difficult isn't even in their vocabulary. So making an "easy" FF is like watering down Budweiser beer before you drink it. What's the point? You're essentially watching a really, really crappy movie where you have to punch a button in order to get to the next scene.

And of course, I couldn't take an opened game back to the store for a refund.
Horrible.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.progressquest.com/
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
DYING: Be warned that your character can be slain by monsters which are tougher than he can handle. However, this concept has been abstracted out of the game and takes effect simply by somewhat reducing the experience accumulated for each successful murder
Sounds like these boys are against the death penalty.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The idea of migrating to the land of Status Quo doesn't at all entice me to make the trip.
Only a Brit would be able to appreciate how hilariously funny this sentence is. Suffice to say Status Quo (aka: 'ver Quo) are a veteran British rock group who have become a national institution.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Known here primarily for "Pictures of Matchstick Men," since covered by just about everyone under the sun.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps