Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Farscape is iced... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Farscape is iced...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they both have criminals as main characters in the stories!
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
quote:
it isn't the Sopranos or Law and Order
A most curious continuum. It is not air OR water. It is not a car OR a nematode.

[In other words, I am suggesting (overly wordily) that those two shows have very little in common.]

you are missing something very important. the thing the shows have in common is that they are both very exceptional.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see. My tongue is firmly held in place.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With extreme prejudice?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today was supposed to be my day off. I think I would have rather worked my shitty job today instead of logging onto farscape.com and reading what I had.

To say the least, I'm sickened and I think I am going to be cancelling my cable subscription for the SciFi Channel in disgust, and the simple fact that I find nothing on Cable anymore worth watching except for Farscape and occaisionally a good movie every now and then that pops up.

In response to this bullshit, I think I'll go buy a *Mighty Fuckload of crackers and ship it to the SciFi Channel's headquarters with an attached note that reads something like this:

"Dear SciFucks,

Your flatulence precedes you in that I can smell your idiotic plumings before physics would normally allow.

Let me translate for you: You may find that cancelling one of your most interesting and exciting shows on your network to make space for a more financially lucrative endeavor is a wise move, however you forgot to take into consideration one aspect when you cut FarScape from the team; the loss of loyal fans and their enduring spirit and love for your network.

Though the following analogy is a drastic one, please try to keep up, I know that you're incapable of coherent thinking. Imagine you and your family. You all love each other and have grown to rely on them. You have been good times and bad ones too. Then one day the head of your family announces that a valued family member must be exiled, never to be seen again in order to make the finanancial quality of life much better for the rest.

Now if you can see the problem with this logic in my hypthetical situation, you can see the error of your own logic.

Please disperse the enclosed boxes of crackers as you see fit. Perhaps you will choke on them and die or something equally as unpleasant.

Signed,
A very cheezed off Farscape Fan."

If they won't pick the series up again, I would at least like to see some sort of closure for the entire cast of characters. [Mad]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have trains leaving for the world of normal people every half hour, y'know.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on that train. It doesn't go anywhere very interesting. The idea of migrating to the land of Status Quo doesn't at all entice me to make the trip.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't any of you play Final Fantasy 3?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Final Fantasy VI.

And no.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"They have trains leaving for the world of normal people every half hour, y'know."

Would those be Man-Trains?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot about the whole "It's a different number in the rest of the world" thing.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait... The US' FF3 is FF6 everywhere else? So, there were at least three FF games that weren't here, then? Just how many of those things have they made?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least ten, I think... at least, one of the Trek Today editors was complaining about being unable to get "Final Fantasy X" a few months ago...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Did you miss the rather popular FF VII, VIII, IX and brand new X then Timmy?

IV was II in the US, I believe. They skipped V (although it's now available in a compliation pack).

I think its:

I-III: NES
IV-VI: SNES (or Super Famicom, whatever you call it)
VII-IX: PSone
X: PS2

And there's also FF Tactics, various Game Boy games, and monkeys.

--------------------

Member # 480

And Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, which was for retarded children playing their first video game.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps