Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Dr. Who returns!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Dr. Who returns!!
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard E. Grant could play Omega brought back to life somehow.

*English accent*

I'm not dead!

Although I haven't watched it, I understand that Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda has a pretty large fan following.

But that is. Dead, I mean. After Sorbo got rid of RHW, the show creator, half way through the second season, the whole thing turned to crap. They've had a couple decent eps since then, but the show overall isn't nearly what it used to be. It went from having a scope as large as Babylon 5 to having a scope as large as TNG. The sad thing is, Sorbo is actually a decent actor. He just shouldn't be running the show.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Davies is the bookies favourite at the moment, despite calls from certain people (Paul McGann) for it to be a woman.

Also patrick stewart is also in the running. And the odds are 88-1 on Sir Michael Caine.

"I am the Doctor. Not a lotta people know that..."

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It went from having a scope as large as Babylon 5 to having a scope as large as TNG."

TNG? I think "Hercules" would be more appropriate.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, at least Hercules had story arcs. I didn't watch it all that much, but the two-parter where Hope sent Callisto back in time to kill Herc's mother was... very, very cool. For Hercules.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xena was better.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Member # 91

Well, it had Renee O'Connor. That goes without saying.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... Renee O'Connor...

They should've spun off a Gabrielle series. I would have watched that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because she was the non-threatening piece of crumpet! Like Willow! Yum.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Member # 91

You obviously missed the later seasons' kick-ass Gabby.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay - as I understand it, someone was thinking of officially continuing the Doctor Who story by regenerating him into his ninth incarnation - in audio adventures. Th'hell? What was the deal, and has this changed with the advent of a renewed TV show?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Who radio show

The BBC has now commissioned a new TV series.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a limit placed on how many incarnations the Doctor can have? What was that number?

Did the list of actors who have played the Doctor given a page or so back include the chap who played him at the beginning of the television movie (which I have on tape) but got shot not too far into it? Or is it just assumed that he is the same person who was last playing him on the series?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I posted earlier, a Time Lord can regenerate twelve times under normal circumstances. At the beginning of the (underappreciated, IMO) TV movie, Sylvester McCoy did indeed reprise his role as the seventh Doctor, albeit with a more normal attire (though his hat is the exact one he used in the series). He did last too long, but ironically it wasn't the bullets that killed him - it was the doctors trying to save him, and not being familiar with his two-hearted physiology.

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Whoops... sorry Mark, I must have skipped over your post.

It's very cool that they used the same guy who had been the Doctor in the series. I remember wondering about that when I first saw the movie.

Not being very familiar with the series, can the Time Lords control what they look like in their regenerations or is it just as much a surprise to them as it is to everyone else?

I, for one, think a female Doctor would be great as long as it doesn't go against any established thing. But then, I always think hot women should be lead characters.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I agree - but IMO the Doc should always be male. There's nothing to say that he CAN'T be, but in 40 years of canon, it's never mentioned - every regenerated Time Lord he's ever encountered (which is a cheap way of recasting guest roles, BTW) has remained their original gender.

Also, Time Lords don't get to choose their appearance, per se. One novel suggests that many Time Lords tend to become older and more graceful as they proceed through their incarnations, and that the Doctor is a raity as he jumps back in forth in appearance and age. Another one suggests that the Doctor keeps his future bodies in a hidden room aboard the TARDIS in temporal stasis or something. I'm loathe to believe any of the novels' minutiae, and take the TV show as the best canon - though the show itself may have more contradictions than Trek, it's got lots of alternate realities and stuff to explain it all away.

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps