Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ultimate Optimus Prime (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ultimate Optimus Prime
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, dude.

WHOA! DUDE!

I understand he's to be TWICE as tall as G1 Prime.

Since I can't find a G1 Prime for my collection, this'll do...

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Be adding that to my collection provided SOMEONE (LIZ!!) doesn't get one first.

Oh, and be careful if you buy the Unicron that's on the shelves now. The pall that holds the chest missile launcher in place is defective and can fail without warning.

Good thing I had my glasses on otherwise it would have poked me right in the eye.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Comes with the Matrix and even has independently moveable fingers. That's really neat.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: When it transforms, where the hell do the front wheels, bumper and headlights go? And just how dose the radiator grill manage to change shape and size?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy it and find out. This is what I wanted the frikkin' toy to be/do back in '84.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, I'm trying to figure that out as well. It looks like everything from the waist swivels around based on how Optimus is standing in the second link and the legs/tires on the legs. It also looks like the feet flip around, too. On those same pictures, it looks like the panels with the headlights in vehicle mode and the waist/pelvic panels in robot mode are on hinges. I also noticed that the radiator grill in robot mode is pushed in further than the one in vehicle mode. Maybe a removal front panel? It looks like the vehicle mode's bumper and radiator are one chrome piece. The front wheels look like they could be removable as well.

I really like the detailing on this model. It looks like there are working pistons connected to the elbows and ankles. I can also see little flip-open panels in the arms (in one picture it looks like he's using it as a communicator. Plus, there are tail lights in the front edge of his feet. Really neat.

I've noticed none of the pictures show his trailer. I hope that's included with the model.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks great but I'll stick with my Mega SCF Transformers figures (look em' up, they dont transform but look just like they do on the cartoon!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Buy it and find out. This is what I wanted the frikkin' toy to be/do back in '84.

--Jonah

It'll kill your teachers, make your freinds envious and let you get under Lonni Anderson's blouse?

Put me down for two. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*chuckle*

FWIW, Prime was shown to have a wrist communicator in one episode of season 1. Pretty nice detail to include.

--Jonah

P.S. God, I hope this is just the beginning of a G1 revamp... Larger, more posable, better detailed toys. Die cast parts, rubber tires. I did a write-up on this back in '95. Wouldn't you just love to see the Decepticon Seekers or Ironhide or Wheeljack done up this nicely? Hell, even Bumblebee!

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Looks like your wish is Takara's command:
The new Sideswipe http://bigbadtoystore.com/images/pre634big.jpg
Rocks, no?

Some of the G1's cant look this good and still transform though.
Megatron would always suck in robot mode (the gun's proportions gave him a super woodie on the toy in robot mode).

The ones that would be insanely cool this way and till transform correctly would be Soundwave, the Jets, All the cars, the dino dork...e...bots,....well shit!

Almost everybody EXCEPT Megatron would work!
Huh.

OTOH, you could just get the 6" metalic SCF Megatron and have something straight outta the cartoon to fight with Prime.
He comes with Lazerbeak (to perch on his arm) and even the energy moringstar he used all of once on the show!
http://bigbadtoystore.com/images/tf102big.jpg

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Saw that. I mean true G1 -- he should be a Countach. And Megatron's cartoon model was patterned after the toy prototype -- which had a better head and arms, and no woody.

Personally, I want Skyfire.

--Jonah

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Tamiya car model of the Lancia Stratos Race Car that Wheeljack was. It has every decal the same as Wheeljack's markings. I bought it to cut apart and make a 1/24th scale model of a robot mode Wheeljack that looks as close to the cartoon look as I can. I have a Jazz-type Porsche for the same thing.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Saw that. I mean true G1 -- he should be a Countach. And Megatron's cartoon model was patterned after the toy prototype -- which had a better head and arms, and no woody.

Personally, I want Skyfire.

--Jonah

Jetfire. And how can Megatron have been based on the toy prototype? Wasn't the Walther PK-38 transforming toy already at least a year old before Hasbro created the Transformers line? Are you sure that you're not thinking of Galvatron?

Actually, Galvatron could do with being redone too. The original toy was surprisingly posable for the period, but he looked pretty wimpy compared to his cool cartoon and comic counterparts. And the sandcastle head was just stupid.

Anyway, yeah, they're doing a few of these. They'll be expensive though (for obvious reasons). Probably at least as much as Unicron is now. Still be nice though, since a lot of the Armada toys are really, really awful. There's not much point doing it to any other TF lines though, since Car Robots/Robots in Disguise were pretty accurate, and a lot of the Beast Wars toys were nigh on identical (especially the Transmetals, although I'd love a TM Megatron where the tail attached to his arm like it did on the show). Beast Machines toys aren't too show accurate bar some exceptions, but Beast Machines was rubbish, so that doesn't matter.

I can't see how they can possibly make Soundwave and his tapes show accurate and still have them fit inside him, but that would be cool. That, or Cyclonus. Or Hot Rod. Or Death's Head.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It indeed looks cool. I've always favored Soundwave myself.

I like the art of the recent TF comics based on G1 by Pat Lee. The best way to do Transformers is the original way, the way that made them so damn popular.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I can't see how they can possibly make Soundwave and his tapes show accurate and still have them fit inside him, but that would be cool."

Why not? Can't they make the tapes in such a way that, in tape mode, they are the same size as the opening in SW's chest? I'm not sure what that would make the size ratio of the robot modes. But, then, it's not like everyone was always drawn the same size every time. Individual parts of a single robot weren't always drawn the same size...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps