Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ultimate Optimus Prime (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ultimate Optimus Prime
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The difference there is that the TF equivalent would have been:

"Your amour's nothin' to Wolverine's adamatnium claws!"
"As you know, Angel, you have hollow bones. They will help you ride these wings."
"I, Rogue, cannot touch your skin, because I will absorb all your powers."
"Cyclops is here to save the day by fine tuning my optic blast enough to snap your shackles without hitting your arms."

So, yeah, the difference isn't huge, but Liam noticed it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They (and all the other comics) talked like that back in the '60s and '70s. At least, all the Marvel books.

"Nothing moves the Blob!"
"Your tanks are nothing but pathetic playthings to the might of Magneto!"

And Wolvie referred to himself in the third person when he first showed up in the Incredible Hulk.

--Jonah

P.S. I said "winds" and I meant "winds". I was referring to Longshot and a scene from Uncanny X-Men #227 (the end of the Fall of the Mutants crossover story).

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. But have you seen those spreads in the first issue? The big double page ones where EIGHTEEN SEPERATE CHARACTERS give us their biographies? Along with instances such as Prime chatting to Prowl and reminding him that he is one of his most trusted advisors, in the middle of a bloody big fight. And then not listening to him anyway.

And then there's Starscream claiming that Earth is backwards because we "enslave machines". So obviously the Ark gets to vote on Cybertron. Along with everyone's guns. (Well, I suppose when the Targetmasters turn up).

Yeah, I know it's standard for Marvel comics, but the TF ones are so much more clumsy that the rest. At least Furman managed to not be so obvious about it. Sure, Galvatron introduced himself in the third person, but it went like this:

"As it was in the future, so shall it be now. Earth and all its inhabitants - be they human or Autobot - shall kneel before the might of GALVATRON!"

Yeah, it was overblown, but the US comic would have had it as

"Galvatron, the future version of Megatron has travelled back in time, and shall destroy Autobots with this bright orange particle cannon on him arm. I mean, my arm."

Scourge and Cyclonus aren't even named until next issue. And then they look like they might actually kill some humans. Woo!

So, er, go Furman! Yes.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an example. All of this comes from a single panel on a single page of the first issue:

Megatron: "...are we all accounted for on this brave new world?"

Skywarp: "Skywarp's up for raiding sir. And my teleportational power'll pop me right into their midst to make mischief."

Thundercracker: "As ever, your cause is Thundercracker's, great Megatron. Our land-bound enemy will be picked off at will as I soar over them, striking with rockets and sonic booms."

Starscream: "As the fastest, most maneuverable of Decepticon jet flyers, I, Starscream, shall continue to accumulate Autobot body-counts that enhance the reputation of our leader"

Rumble: "Can the speeches, huh, Star? Rumble's back in town and I'm gonna shake the place up with some low frequency ground-waves. You hit 'em from up top, and I'll do the job down here"

Frenzy: "And I, Frenzy, will shatter our opponents' equilibrium, using high-pitched soundwaves. I will not cease until every Autobot is slain. And you, Soundwave?

Soundwave: "I will monitor transmissions and read Autobot electrical impulses to learn their plans. Even my photographic memory serves as a defensive weapon."

Ravage: "Does even that compare with Ravage's power to slip undetected anywhere? And my own monitoring devices in my nose module allow me to smell, hear and detect electromagnetic radiation beyond that of any Decepticon."

Buzzsaw: "I all pales next to the artistry of Buzzsaw. I can pinpoint a hex-nut at twenty miles with my optical sensors. And my beak has carved many an Autobot warrior into a masterpiece of scrap metal."

Laserbeak: "Just leave some for Laserbeak, comrades. Allow me a few struggling survivors of our battle and I'm certain I'll pry some useful information from them with my optical lasers... even if they die in the telling."

Megatron: "Come. Our time to strike is later. The ship's brain has placed into our circuits the knowledge that this world possesses enormous untapped fuel resources... resources we can exploit in our struggle againt the Autobots."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

You know you're in trouble when Buzzsaw of all people gives us his resume like that.

Rumble's line is unintentionally hilarious. "Can the speeches", indeed.

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
You know you're in trouble when Buzzsaw of all people gives us his resume like that.

Rumble's line is unintentionally hilarious. "Can the speeches", indeed.

/me Cases Summon Necromatic Thread~Huggle plushies Three *roll D20 18+4=22 (Success!)

Well with the new Tranny Movie (wonder if that term googles transformers or Trans-genders?) upcoming, one wonders when G.I. Joe will appear?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does wanting to know about GI Joe warrant the ressurection of an old Transformers thread..?

And, NEVER.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Already in the pipeline, Mark Wahlberg set to star.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ventriloquists Got Shot:
Already in the pipeline, Mark Wahlberg set to star.

Really?

/me Casts Google Search Summoning Four *roll D20 (20+13= 33= http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=405642)

wow. actually suprised and bemused at this. What exactly will this movie set as? Stand alone/reimagining or cannon/hand-in-hand with teh current Comic Storyline?

obviously the current upcoming Transformers will be reimagined (then again, virtually every animated version of Trannyforce was stand-alone in quality...)

i might have to look into this more but i would like to see a G.I. Joe movie, even if it became a mercantile hog for Hasbro. Though i'd sh*t bricks and buicks to see something, ANYTHING related to Battletech.

Back in the day, i dreamt of a young Rachel Welch as Natasha Kerensky... or anybody in super shimmy hotpants and a coolant vest...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GI Joe, the movie? Pardon my French, but what is this horse shit? Why are toy franchises now being made into movies? Did we run out of novels to remake into movies? What about people making up their own damn stories? What's next, Jem the movie?
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
What's next, Jem the movie?

Outrageous. Truly truly truly outrageous.
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friggin Marky Mark
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
What's next, Jem the movie?

Outrageous. Truly truly truly outrageous.
Whoaoaoaoa Jem.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps