Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate: Atlantis cast announced (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stargate: Atlantis cast announced
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just rewatched "Children of the Gods" and realized that they showed the point of origin symbol for Abydos rather clearly. When Frazetti types out the address that Apophys dialed in, the 7th symbol is clearly shown.

Did we ever get a close up of what the 7th symbol on the Beta Gate looked like?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle: "BTW, that cool 'coliseum-style' building the villian cloned people in is our new Vancouver library."

And that 27-story subterranean cube they filmed the movie "CUBE" in, is that your new Vancouver student's accomodation?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... 27-story deathtrap....

The design of Cube2 sucked by comparison. So did the premise.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. The Cube was a genial construct, the exterior shots didn't even look CGI.
HyperCube was life inside a fucking Pi-sign.

It just isn't the same atmosphere when the walls are brighter than in a light therapy lounge (that shit's bogus, btw), everyone gets along fine for 70% of the movie AND get to wear their own clothes, plus nobody's named after a prison.
Not to mention having to fend off moody "Star Trek" light prisms.

Too bad Cube � will feature the same director, as in "not the first one". Ah well, maybe he's learned something.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CUBE was one of the most fricking brilliant low-budget sci-fi gems ever made. Never saw the sequel because of what everyone's saying... Is there a full synopsis available somewhere?

The Beta gate was the same prop and we never got a close look at it. The DHD probably had some different symbols on it though (they change them occasionally too when we see it closeup).

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught about ten minutes of cube 2 on TV before switching it off in utter boredom, trust me, it isn't worth seeing.
The original was a great b-movie, as you say but I didn't think it really warranted a sequel and I can't imagine that a third outing would have anything worthwhile to add.

As for the Beta DHD, I think the point of origin looked like a solid circle with a vertical line next to it. Something like this ---> OI

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the ancients were Jewish?!

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Hey, lookie! New cast photos!

And a first look at the Atlantis stargate. Not so different as I had epected... I casn see how the dialing sequence can be a light pattern now.

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure that's the actual new gate, and not just a backdrop for the photo-shoot?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I think it's real. THIS picture shows the gate off to the side. Lighting's all different, but it seems like the gate is in its set. Not surprisingly, the Atlantis gate is partially embedded in the ground, as most non-earth gates tend to be. However, this one's symbols may be made of... brail?

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the useless triangles on the chest of their uniform: something for the bad guys to aim for.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then they aren't useless... [Wink]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lighting's all different, but it seems like the gate is in its set."

Well, I'm sure it's a physical model. I didn't mean it was just a picture. But, do you think that's an actual filming set that they're all standing in? It's pretty garishly colored, and lacking in details.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I think it's the lighting again. If we judged the TNG Season 1 sets by thte promo photos, then the Enterprise-D would have been almost completely deep purple. [Smile]

I think they're indeed standing on their "gate room" set. A couple pictures from stargateatlantis.com show what seems to be the other half of the set under natural light, which looks much more color-coordinated.

Mark

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue chevrons are fucking awesome.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps