Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » How much time passes in the Matrix? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How much time passes in the Matrix?
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the point is that there are much more efficient means of turning glucose into heat than the human body.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Means that don't involve glucose, even. A few ITER Mk. II (or III or IV or...) fusion reactors and the machines would be set for, uh, however long it would take for the atmosphere to regenerate itself, and then, uh, longer. The human battery deal just doesn't make sense from a physics POV.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"An interesting question would be why a person's Matrix self-image should match his actual physical form? I can't imagine why the machines would waste time on such a trivial matter (particularly since these people would, ideally, never be unplugged from the Matrix)."

What do you mean "waste time"? Having a scanner that determines what the person really looks like and makes their Matrix from look the same doesn't waste any time at all. On the other hand, having someone create a new Matrix body for each real body would be quite a waste.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. The human DNA variety guarantees more random and diverse faces than any CGI-program could.
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
In a way, I'd have hoped the Matrix Universe had gotten a series with a four-season run.
I would've liked to know what the ship's core is running on, how the Zion defenses work and what the tonnage, armor, max velocity and lifting force of the ships are.

I believe the Wachowski's once said they were considering a series possibility though the costs involved would be prohibitive. An animated series would take a lot longer to make but would be cheaper. If they made something of the quality of "Second Rennaissance" though I would be happy. [Cool]

Thanks for those floorplans of the ships. I knew the Logos was small and nimble but I didn't think it was that small. That's my favorite of the ships though.

Did you see the hover car in "Animatrix: Second Rennaissance - Part One" that used the same electric pads as the hoverships? Nice continuity there with the movies.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one has read the MATRIX comics have they.... They are Canon too!

Anyways, some good stories, blah blah blah...

The most intersting one is where the Machines breed a super human to act as a CPU for a space ship that is sent into space to attack an alien. Pretty cool. Go on matrix.com to find it. It should be there somewhere.

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there's a graphic novel out there that has a bunch of stories in it. I keep meaning to pick it up as it has some pretty nifty artwork in it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot tell you how much time passes in the Matrix, but I CAN tell you those last two movies felt like an eternity.

Did anybody notice that Neo = One? THAT is CLEVER.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speakin of thing ididn know i saw the 3rd one and did u guys see that neo was spread like jesus was when he was killed on the cross? i was thinking that maybe neo is like the jesus of the real world?
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can see Trin's nipple in the second one dude. her nips are big as silver dollars.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you two manbabies are done, maybe the discussion can continue, hm?

Aban, do you mean "Art Of The Matrix"?
I've been meaning to order it, it can't be found in my usual sci-fi bookstore.

There's a new one coming out also, "Art of Reloaded/Revolutions", with paintings and sketches of the other hovercraft ships not seen, except the few glances in the big docking bay scene of "Reloaded" (Vishnu, Novalis, Ganesha, Icharus, Gnosis, Caduceus and Brahma).

Also, it's to have some more things on the "Machine-side", I believe.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim: No, that's not the one I'm talking about, though that looks well worth a looksee. I'm talking about a graphic novel with additional stories in it. One is told from the point of view of a guy who was approached by Morpheus and given an opportunity to leave the Matrix, but wussed out and took the blue pill. Now he's haunted by regret. I don't remember the name of the book, though.

Oh, and though I'm loathed to even comment on this... If you're talking about the way-too-long Trinity/Neo love scene in Zion, that's not her nipple. It's one of the ports on her chest. Sheesh.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude so i rubbed 1 off 2 her port?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

You can go now.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Member # 239

I am just worried! It is like when you're all walking down the avenue and you see the long haired vixen on the corner, from the back, and you're all like "Hey hey, little lady!" And then your dream girl turns around and OH NO! It is a guy.

I'm not into all the cybermechanical fetishes, so I gotta cover all my bases.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps