Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » How much time passes in the Matrix? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How much time passes in the Matrix?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's been here for years, Aban, but I'm starting to agree with you.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey now.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's the most coherent post you've made in recent memory.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be safe, you might try just not hitting on strange women on street corners and not beating off in front of the television.

Carrie Anne Moss is sacred. Don't defile her with masturbation humor.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said nothing about beating off in front of the television. The only time I saw The Matrix Radishlutions was in theatres!

OH NO!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Telling people in the row in front that you just spilled your ice cream gives you some chance of survival. Won't save you from me though.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Member # 239

You could always cut the hole in the popcorn bucket.

Question: Do they still serve popcorn buckets anywhere? I get those newspaperlike square bags through which the 'butter topping' leaks through, right on my pants. I guess it could cover up potential semen leaks, but that would be crossing the line.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er.

Um.

. . . As far as I'm aware, popcorn is still availablein buckets in the UK. Haven't had any popcorn in New Zealand so can't help you there.

--------------------

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Telling people in the row in front that you just spilled your ice cream gives you some chance of survival. Won't save you from me though.

Around here, telling people that you are the kind who spills his ice cream would be interpreted as you being a homosexual...
Don't ask me why, I'm not sure where it comes from.

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Nim: No, that's not the one I'm talking about, though that looks well worth a looksee. I'm talking about a graphic novel with additional stories in it. One is told from the point of view of a guy who was approached by Morpheus and given an opportunity to leave the Matrix, but wussed out and took the blue pill. Now he's haunted by regret. I don't remember the name of the book, though.

It's called "The Matrix Comics" and you can buy the 12 stories as an anthology. The one you are referring to is by Ted McKeever.

Here's the Amazon.com entry:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1932700005/102-7213500-1043322?v=glance

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

Do you regularly look for people masturbating in cinemas, and then punish them?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would join them, or punish them.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still curious as to what "popcorn topping" is. Does Canada have sweet popcorn, like over here, or does it just have the horrible, horrible salted kind, which is horrible?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Of course, the only reason he doesn't like salted popcorn is because he's a poor student and can't afford to buy both the salty snack in question and a thirst-quenching drink when he visits the multiplex.

Hmm, salty snack. Is it just me or does that sound quite naughty? 8)

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, what does Kate think? B)
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps