Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate Atlantis premiere (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stargate Atlantis premiere
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"See this is the problem when everyone is on Different seasons."

There is obviously going to be some intermarrying between SG-1 and Atlantis, so a thread about the one will from time to time contain spoilers about the other. And, to be honest, I don't understand why you'd even want to read about Atlantis yet, given your long history of superallergic reactions to spoilers for SG-1, so it seems to me that your problem has a simpler solution than you think.

Anyway (1), Simon's blurb was about SG-1's eighth season premiere, New Order, which has the system lords seeking an alliance with Earth against Baal, who's been promoted to Supreme Bad Guy since the death (well, semi-death) of Anubis and is now really evil and menacing and stuff.

Anyway (2), having watched Rising again, I'm a little puzzled why they (the folks back home) didn't just phone the Asgard, who should now be as snug as a bug in a rug with the Replicator threat gone, and ask them nicely to fly one of their hyperultrafast O'Neill's to the Pegasus galaxy and maybe beam down a ZPM or two, but I guess the show has to last at least a season.

Oh, and: matrix lights instead of fixed symbols? They look fancy, sure, but it doesn't smack of much Ancient-ism to me. But what do I know.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Asgard are probably pretty busy cleaning up after the Replicator invasion of their new homeworld. Between that and them building it in the first place, they're probably pretty busy. Still, when Atlantis fails to check in, they'll probably wait a while before asking the Asgard to look in on them, but hopefully they'll have found a way back home by then - they are not likely to pull a Voyager here.

There's also the notion that the Asgard might not like us playing around with Ancient technology... They know just how dangerous it is, and that while SG-1 can be trusted not to do wrong, what about the whole Atlantis team? They may deliberately avoid phoning them before they've had a chance to find some cool stuff.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're just afraid the Asgard will come and take over Atlantis....
..and thta Thor will start in with the rectal probes again.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no. That was Loki.

And I'm only half kidding.

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they ever show Loki, Hela or any negative Norse gods?

I'm waaaaay behind on Stargate (I only catch the syndicated episodes nightly- I work Friday nights).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loki is in the season 7 episode "Fragile Balance".

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Is he a little evil grey alien of just another human with glowy eyes?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Is he a little evil grey alien of just another human with glowy eyes?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's an evil little grey alien.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Coooool.
Does he have an evil laugh or anything?
Tell me they dont do the "evil twin brother" bit between him and Thor.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

I think he was rather mellow, but still sort of evil.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Like Mr.Burns?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Burns ever into kidnapping people in their sleep and doing nasty genetic experiments on them in order to grow his own personal army of clones/save Springfield from extinction?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Grey Gay Assitant Alien: Well sir, we've finished the most recent round of anal probes. There were only three instances of insanity this time.

Loki: Eeexcellent.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just imagine an Asgard named Smithers... [Razz]

$$ Minor Spoiler Ahead $$

If you look at some of the information for upcoming episodes, the sixth regular episode is entitled "Home", and will be guest-starring Don S. Davis (aka General Hammond). Sounds interesting.

I wonder if it's because of the Asgard that the SGC apparently doesn't want the Atlantis team to return to the Pegasus Galaxy? Or is it just going to be more home-grown political machinations?

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/108.shtml

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps