Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » First Look: Fantastic Four pics! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: First Look: Fantastic Four pics!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, personally, I had no idea what the Fantastic Four looked like, so I didn't know they all had matching costumes before. I was figuring this was more of the X-Men syndrome, where they should all have individual costumes, but the movies have them all wearing the same thing.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will take away your nerd scepter and hat!

(Between the late-viewing of Star Wars and the unfamiliarity with iconic comic book characters, I mean.)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are from the World's Greatest Comic, after all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read comics. In fact, I don't know for certain whether I've ever actually seen a real comic book in person...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid we have to let you go.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I don't know if you can all them "todays" superheros, since the Fantastic Four are really the oldest Marvel superheroes that anyone has heard of (anyone says "Sub-Mariner", they will be ignored).

Captain America?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've never heard of Ioan Gruffudd,
A&E's CAPTAIN HORATIO HORNBLOWER! Also, Lancelot in the recent "King Arthur".

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch A&E or TV in general. And I haven't seen King Arthur.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I don't know if you can all them "todays" superheros, since the Fantastic Four are really the oldest Marvel superheroes that anyone has heard of (anyone says "Sub-Mariner", they will be ignored).

Captain America?
Sub-Mariner, Captain america and the origianl (android) Human Torch were all around before they were Marvel properties.

Just as all of DC's Justice Society heros, Superman and wonder Woman were bought from other companies.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, no. It was the same company, they just didn't change their name to Marvel until later. They were originally known as Red Circle, then Timely, and went by Atlas for a while but eventually took their familiar name, adopted from the title of the comic that introduced the Sub-Mariner and original Human Torch, Marvel Comics #1. (October 1939)

AFAIK, the same was the case for DC, which named themselves after their popular Detective Comics. I'm fairly sure that most of their major heroes were original crreations, with the notable exception of Captain Marvel, bought from the defunct Fawcett Comics in the aftermath of a civil suit levied by DC caliming that the character was too similar to Superman.

EDIT:
I just dicovered that the Sub-Mariner *did* make a single pre-Marvel appearance in a failed promotional comic stip created by Funnies, Inc. called Motion Picture Funnies Weekly early in 1939.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope it doesn't turn into the Fantastic Bore.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

WOAH.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist:
I just hope it doesn't turn into the Fantastic Bore.

Jessica Alba could be my fantastic whore.

Any day. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"WOAH."

Actually, it turns out it was "whoa". It was in the dictionary and everything.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mim:
quote:
AFAIK, the same was the case for DC, which named themselves after their popular Detective Comics.
So "DC Comics" actually means Detective Comics Comics??? Lol brainfart.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps