Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG-1: "Origin" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SG-1: "Origin" ($$$)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Ancients now have another name - The Alteans - weren't they also called the Lanteans?"

"Lanteans" = Atlanteans. It's a name that only applies to the group of Alterans who travelled to the Pegasus Galaxy.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that means Lemuria was funded by alien Lemurs?

Good God- they're about a season away from declaring all human myth, legend and culture is alien-based nonsense.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Mu then? I still think the Furlings could be a good idea - seeing as they've given the ancients various names now - I'm sure they can some how modify what the Furlings are really called.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think of this way: The Furlings are to "Stargate" what Morn's voice was to DS9.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Personally, I'm getting a deep B5 vibe from the whole situation."

And you're going to get an even deeper Crusade vibe when the Ori unleash a plague on Earth (how much do you want to bet it was also them who plagued the unascended Alterans so much they rebooted the galaxy? (note: I wouldn't bet a lot, since that doesn't jibe with the Ori not knowing about Avalon until now)) in the mid-season two-parter, though of course it won't be a five-year affair. But then, neither was Crusade. B)

"Are the Priors and the others Human though or just descendents of unascended Ori?"

Likely the former, if the bit about the Ori being their "creators" can be believed (it'd be interesting to find out wether the humans there were created before or after the Ori/Alteran split, whenever that was).

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that at this point, attracting new viewers to the franchise isn't a big priority over at the Sci-Fi Channel.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could have sworn they were called Friars, or in the case of the one on Earth, Frier. [Big Grin]

I agree that this is starting to smell awfully Strazynski around the ol' "ring thing....flushes sideways". Now Oneall can disappear only to reappear a couple of seasons later as the First Atlantean,and lead a war against the wraith. Since he is also the Anti-Ra as seen in the finale of last season why not?

You know, the way they've travelled to all these other cells of humanity maybe he is really Nathan Brazil.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God...that actually makes a kind of sense.
In a wholly unoriginal sort of way, that is.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
God...that actually makes a kind of sense.
In a wholly unoriginal sort of way, that is.

Which makes it PERFECT for TV.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps