Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 2 x 08 "Final Cut" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG 2 x 08 "Final Cut"
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count who?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if when Six whispered in Baltar's ear "this one can be useful to us" she was really talking to Xena. . ? Which would mean other Cylons can detect/interact with whatever it is that Baltar-Six is.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Count who?

Chocula.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I wonder if when Six whispered in Baltar's ear "this one can be useful to us" she was really talking to Xena. . ? Which would mean other Cylons can detect/interact with whatever it is that Baltar-Six is.

Detect? Depends on what you mean by detect. Do they detect as in some "other" sense where they just know "hey, this is a Cylon" or does the Six program/transmission simply know what the Biers model looks like and simply recognized her?
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

As for how the Cylons got the public broadcast, didn't Boomer mk1 reveal that there were several (8?) Cylon agents in the fleet. We know One was Xena,

Hmmm... this has lead me to do some math. There are supposed to be 12 humanoid Cylon models, right? And we have seen 6 different ones? That means, there are 6 we haven't seen, then...

If there are 8 Cylons hiding in the fleet, they must be ones that remain unknown to the Colonials, right? Very likely, the 6 we (as audience) haven't seen, plus another two.

Of the 6 we have seen, "Xena" is one they haven't discovered. That leaves another one. The doctor, maybe? At that point (when Boomer 1 said there were 8), he remained unknown, I believe. I wonder if Starbuck has described him to Adama to be on guard against him.

There's also the possibility that there might be two (or more) identical ones, but they would have to avoid been seen together, or at the same time at different places, or something... not that they wouldn't invent an explanation (or kill the witnesses).

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No. I can see how that could apply to all the footage, not just the deleted scenes."

Who said it couldn't? It doesn't have to, is the point.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I didn't like this episode. The using-reporters-to-give-an-outisde-perspective-on-the-characters routine has been done to death, and better.

And it was pretty obvious Xena was going to turn out to be a Cylon. The Laws of Guest Casting demanded it. You have this character played by a known genre actor, whose only significant role since her own personal meal ticket ended its run was in an X-Files episode and that was about 4 years ago. What she woiuld get paid for a recurring role like this would set her up for life in New Zeakand (if she isn't already thanks to X:WP). Of course, by the same logic, the James Remar character should have been a Cylon as well. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Baltar is really a Six that has undergone some surgery.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James Remar = RoX!

And in a series of this type, I think even a recurring "reporter" character would find ways to be utilized in various episodes, regardless of whether she was a cylon or not.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt that while the "inside scoop" gimmick has been done to death, it did give them a chance to do some fun stuff. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I just started laughing as soon as I saw Gaeta. Before he even said anything.

So Helo's/Boomer's baby is alive and I guess we'll see what that entails tomorrow night. But with her "complications" how is Boomer faring?

Xenacylon? Ok, so that's two CILFs. Will there be any ugly Cylons? What about older cylons?

It did seem strange to me that they get attacked by two stray Cylon raiders for no apparent reason. Which one might presume (were one unaware of their real motives) that the Cylons know the location of the fleet. Incidentally it would seem that the fleet is no longer in orbit of Kobol. I guess they've gathered all the information they felt they needed from the Tomb of Athena. (I've probably ranted enough about them not taking enough time with information gathering given the importance of their quest.) Anyway, I don't know if this means they've commenced their long journey to Earth, but wherever they are, the Cylons evidently know. Were I Adama or any other strategist among the fleet, this would be cause for great concern.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's to say that whatever information they found on Kobol wasn't planted there by the Cylons to begin with? I say its all apart of the big herding "plan".

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Maybe Baltar is really a Six that has undergone some surgery.

That would give a new twist to "go F*** yourself"...

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the light of this episode it seems that maybe every time some random raiders showed up they were actually downloading intel from the Cylons in the fleet, among whatever other tasks they were doing.
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
In the light of this episode it seems that maybe every time some random raiders showed up they were actually downloading intel from the Cylons in the fleet, among whatever other tasks they were doing.

Which further solidifies to me that the Cylons know EXACTLY where the fleet is. At the beginning of each show it says "...and they have a plan". Everything seems to be orchestrated. It reminds me of one of the Killer B's Foundation novels where R. Daneel Olivaw basicly engineers all these events to happen to Hari Seldon to bring him to the place where he can create "psychohistory". They are herding the humans along a pre-chosen path to fulfill whatever purpose they are wanting to achieve.

Other than at FTL, aren't the cylon vessels typically faster than the human ships? What is then preventing them from assembling one good size task force and going all Surigao Strait on the ragtag fleet?

--------------------

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Dang double posts. Though I am now 1 post closer to acheiving Tim-like status.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps