Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-MEN 3 Trailer... ($?) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: X-MEN 3 Trailer... ($?)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/

I thought Beast looked really good, Grammer's voice must be perfect for the part.
Juggernaut's helmet looked ridiculous, like something they give mental patients that may harm themselves, but hey, Vinnie Jones? If he can bury the accent then it's all good I think.

I thought the actor playing William Worthington looked too ugly for the part but that may just be that scene. Like a young Charles Napier...

Wolverine looked better this time around (more facial hair), Pyro has finally passed puberty (along with Iceman and Kitty), I still don't like the "Joan Osborne"-look on Rogue but Paquin has wind in her sails now so whatever...

It seems Gambit is out, that sucks, but they got a nice barrage of secondaries; Omega Red, Callisto, Miss Frost. Hope they are not all 17-year olds as well. *lols eyes*

Too bad most of the people behind Magneto in that tree-clearing scene have almost no defining characteristics whatsoever, except for Cain Marko and Jean Grey. Hard to peg them.

Oh yes, it will also be very interesting to see what Phoenix can do.

Thoguhutsas?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... our IT administrator is blocking Quicktime files, so I can't watch it.

*grumble*

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked how Beast looked, too--pretty much just like in the comics.

An AVI file if you don't want to play Quicktime or can't like me (no Quicktime 7 for Windows 98 [Frown] ).

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is a different actress playing Storm?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not according to an article I read. Halle Berry is back and Hugh Jackman is back. I'm assuming Famke is back as Jean Grey, too, but that wasn't in the article. Didn't read anything about Nightcrawler or Prof. X, either.

As an addendum, though, here's IMDB's cast list:
Patrick Stewart .... Professor Charles Xavier
Hugh Jackman .... Logan/Wolverine
Ian McKellen .... Eric Lensherr/Magneto
Halle Berry .... Ororo Munroe/Storm
Famke Janssen .... Jean Grey/Phoenix
James Marsden .... Scott Summers/Cyclops
Rebecca Romijn .... Mystique
Kelsey Grammer .... Hank McCoy/Beast
Vinnie Jones .... Cain Marko/Juggernaut
Aaron Stanford .... John Allerdyce/Pyro
Daniel Cudmore .... Peter Rasputin/Colossus
Shawn Ashmore .... Bobby Drake/Iceman
Olivia Williams .... Dr. Moira MacTaggart
Ellen Page .... Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
Shohreh Aghdashloo .... Dr. Kavita Rao
Ben Foster .... Warren Worthington/Angel
Anna Paquin .... Rogue
Andrew Abud .... Chauffeur
Cayden Boyd .... Young Warren
Cameron Bright .... Leech
Riley Cantner .... X-Kid
Eric Dane .... Jamie Madrox/Multiple Man
Ashlyn Dixon
Bill Duke
Ashley Hartman .... Emma Frost
Art Hives
Bryce Hodgson .... Artie
Chelah Horsdal .... Mercedes Mom
Shauna Kain .... Theresa Rourke/Siryn
James Leard .... Doctor
Vince Murdocco .... Omega Red
Michael Murphy .... Warren Worthington, Jr.
Luke Pohl .... X-Kid
Dania Ramirez .... Callisto
Haley Ramm .... Young Jean
Connor Widdows .... Jones
Susan Wilkey .... Nurse
Kea Wong .... Jubilee
Mercedes Yvette .... M (as Mercedes Scelba-Shorte)

Couple of interesting notes: Colossus! Shadowcat! (though I think they could've picked a better looking actress), Famke's back, but Nightcrawler isn't. And last but not least... Emma Frost who I dare say they could NOT have picked a better looking actress for.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, with Halle Berry it's a repeat of when James Marsden decided he was too big a star to appear in the first sequel, only to discover he, er, wasn't. Anna Paquin moves ever further down the cast list.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I wonder if those doctors working on Angel were just studying him, or if there's going to be some kind of thing where they put the wings on him.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope not- best to leave the entire "Archangel" thing alone.

While he's probably just an extra in the background, Leach would be neat to see onscreen for his green froggy looks and involuntary ability to turn off everyone's powers.

Let's see old--man Magneto do anything without them!

Intresting that Dr McTaggert is in the movie- gonna give Xavier a romantic intrest or will she just stand around talking about Jean.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG that trailer was FUCKING AWESOME. *ahem* And that was just a teaser. Halle Berry looks like she got her wish for a bigger part - looks like she's pulling off some really nice moves as Storm. See all that darting and saving Wolvie?

I see Pyro is back - I'm glad they didn't go changing anything like that. And that was Kelsey Grammer!?! Woah.

I'm sorry but Hugh Jackman is "da man!" or err the Mutant! [Smile]

You've gotta love both Ian McKellen AND Patrick Stewart in the one movie again.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bet is that Jason would be perfect as Caliban.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you talking about? Jason is perfect just the way he is!*

*!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I sure hope not- best to leave the entire 'Archangel' thing alone."

Well, I didn't mean that. I was just considering the possibility that they might have changed him from being a normal mutant, to some sort of "man-made" mutant.

Though, I sure hope they don't decide to call him "Archangel", just because it sounds cooler than "Angel". Because that's the sort of thing moviemakers do.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
What are you talking about? Jason is perfect just the way he is!*

*!!

You're just trying to get me to use one of your quotes as my sig line again.

...and I just might. [Wink]

It'd be great to see them introduce the Morlocks in this movie...that way we could see a big X-Men/Marauders fight in the next movie (as I'm getting a bit tired of Magneto each movie).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

This appears to be the last planned movie in the series. And I don't want another one without the original actors.

I'm curious as to how they'll handle Phoenix. Are they going to introduce the whole alien aspect, or will it be more of a "Jean's mutation kicked into super high freaky gear right before she died."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trailer looked damned good. We seem to have to wait until May though. Bugger.

I see that Jubilee is listed as appearing in the film. Thank god they put in the most useless Mutant ever, next to Meg in Family Guy (What with the fingernails and all). I never really understood what her power was, except to be really whiny and have this wierd relationship with Gambit.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps