Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 2x18: "Downloaded" ($$$, what'd you expect?) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG 2x18: "Downloaded" ($$$, what'd you expect?)
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.. I see what you're saying. Epiphanies was about 3 months ago and Sharon was killed before that, so she had to have been resurrected more than 10 weeks ago.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've been thinking all along the Cylon God is the NuBSG version of the Imperious Leader.
I was thinking the same thing.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, if my numbers are correct, she was resurrected two weeks after Epiphanies -- not two weeks after she was killed."

Indeed. I wasn't reading it properly.

So, in fact, she was resurrected two weeks plus nine episodes after she died.

"It appears from the way Caprica-Six and Sharon MkI were treated as war heroes and celebrities that the Cylons can make individual distinctions between different Cylons of the same model. How do they do that? With all of the units in the same model looking the same, there must be some other way they can pick up on individuals."

Well, it makes sense that there would be, just be virtue of the fact that we know individuals exist. If they didn't have individual minds, there would be no point in transferring to a new body. Just add the dead Cylon's experiences to everyone else's minds and create a new one from scratch.

So, since we know there are individuals, there has to be a way for them to tell each other apart, just so they aren't constantly confused. I would guess they do it by emitting some ID signal. (Something they can turn off at will, of course, to avoid detection by the humans.)

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could just be a function of their "evolved" senses. Everyone is constantly giving off subtle cues of their uniqueness. It's how we learn to tell identical twins apart. Maybe as blatant as a different haircut, or as subtle as the mentality reflected in their faces. One Aaron might be a triad player, with an aggressive personality. Another might be an artist, with a more retiring personality. Some of us are good at spotting those subtle cues. It would make sense that the humanoid Cylons were designed to be able to read these signals, as well.

BTW, I'm in the middle of the encore broadcast, and it's Hera.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I thought it was (the previous post was a typo.)

P.S. Am I the only one who doesn't care if these dates line up or not? I mean seriously, what difference would it make?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if Baltar is the Cylon god... especially with the way he was frakking with C6's head much the same way as she has been doing him. Wouldn't that be ironic. After all, it seems the toasters don't know that they are until their programming kicks in.

Seriously though, isn't it quite possible that the Human/Cylon models were actually based off of existing humans? Much in the same way as the Bishop android was in Aliens?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet the Cylon God will be Talkie Toaster!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kneel before God.

-

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more I think about the theory that these visions are externally imposed, the more it makes sense. Rosalyn's visions, Baltar's Six, and now Six's Baltar. I mean, yes, people halucinate, but not THAT often. And when Baltar and Six see each other, that's just too much of a coincidence. If neither the Cylons or the humans are doing this, there's got to be someone else out there. Assuming, of course, there's a rational explanation for it all, and it's not just the writers making crap up as they go.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"God"?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, the Gods, Q, who knows?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what's the argument against the Cylon religion simply being like every other religion? There's no God hiding in a closet at the Vatican or behind the curtain of the Kaaba, issuing shadowy commands. Even for believers, God isn't something you can send a letter to or invite over for dinner. From how the Cylons describe God, it seems clear they're thinking of an entity that's omnipresent and, I'd say, wholly spiritual, not something they've installed down at One Cylon Plaza.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that as "Cylon Pizza." I'm hungry. Haven't eaten tonight, so off to 24hr Asda Walmart I go, to procure one of their pizzas. What toppings would Cylons have on their pizzas?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having said that, direct mental access to some kind of shared network, plus literal reincarnation, is bound to affect the Cylons definition of "spirit."
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Lee! There has to be an alternative! Wal*Mart is evil and must be destroyed!

I'd like it if it were God -- or at least an agency operating in Its behalf. But Edward Mulhare is dead. [Frown] Maybe we could get lucky and Peter O'Toole would agree to appear in that role. Patrick McNee is still around, though, I think.

Gods, that would be funny -- if the enire conflict of BSG (old and new) came down to an aternal struggle between two Irishmen. Man, that IRA just never gives up, huh? Cylons are a bit nastier than car bombs, though...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps