Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 2x18: "Downloaded" ($$$, what'd you expect?) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BSG 2x18: "Downloaded" ($$$, what'd you expect?)
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh. God. As in, God. THAT would be unique.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cylons god is V'ger.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We will add your biological distinctiveness to our own... God knows we need it."

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except the Sixes... they are practically perfect in every possible way.

That is, the ones that haven't been raped by an entire Battlestar crew.

Or the ones that kill babies.

Or the ones that...

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, the baby thing was one of my thoughts . . . the fact that Caprica Six personally offed one in the miniseries. Of course Gaius doesn't know this so his mental Six (whereever it comes from) is all maternal (or perhaps MILF-al).

However, the real Caprica Six is now being portrayed as an emotionally-troubled character that had difficulty with her mission and was in love with Gaius, and I'm sure that later she'll find her way to Gaius. For now, though, she's just being portrayed as a sympathetic Cylon character. But, that's just incompatible with her cold offing of a baby on Caprica.

Don't get me wrong . . . if someone suddenly discovers love they aren't necessarily going to figure out all the related aspects of humanity like ethics. (I have several exes that exemplify this problem.) But as soon as she was resurrected she seemed fragile and human.

In any case, the storyline is great . . . I'm just iffy on some of the character continuity.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...okay, question from a few episodes ago, but somewhat related. Harvey-Six told Baltar that she used to go to the stadium, watch games, buy tickets for both of them, etc. Assuming it actually happened, then the Cylon Baltar was sleeping with on Caprica really did seem to have some affection for him. What I want to know is, how would the Cylon in his head know that? If it actually happened, and Baltar really didn't know, then she can't be a manefestation of his subconscious. If it didn't happen, though, then he's beyond halucinating.

Also, didn't she tell Baltar that their child would be born in the cell? Interesting, that.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming for a second that Harvey-Six is a cylon (not a certainty since no other cylons seam to be aware of her existance) we know that the skinjobs of the same model can share common memories. For instance; Sharon-2 remembered Starbuck, the chief etc despite having never set foot on galactica until after she got off Caprica with Helo. More than that she seams to remember things Sharon-1 actually did, specific events that must have somehow been relayed back. The same could be true of Caprica-Six's memories of the pyramid games...or it's just a fabrication, but then how else could it have affected Pegasus-Six like that?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a lot of semi-goofy continuity issues that I'm hoping are all part of a master plan, and not a result of sloppy writing. *heh*

I found myself wondering if the 6&8 on Caprica will stay and try to help the resistance, or try to get offworld and to the fleet where everyone they care about is. The confrontation between 6 and Baltar ought to be at least one episode all in itself! And given the new 8's attitude toward the Cylons, I wonder if she'd gleefully tell Admiral Bill who the other Cylon models are. And will post-partum 8 continue to come unglued and throw in with the Cylons in attempting to sabotage/destroy the fleet? I sense the potential for many reversals coming up...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But, that's just incompatible with her cold offing of a baby on Caprica.
As opposed to her merciful euthanasia of an infant about to die in a horrible nuclear firestorm?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moreover, where's the discrepancy, anyway? Humans just don't count, as far as the Cylons are concerned. We're lower lifeforms, and idolatrous heathen ones at that, and our lives simply don't mean as much as Cylon lives. Xenabot provides the perfect example of that in this episode. "They don't value life like we do," as she's about to kill Anders.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I just thought it was a mistake by her.

As in, "Wow, they look so fragile..let's take a look..*crack*...oops, guess it really is fragile" rather than any malevolent urge or planned event.

Omega
Member # 91

quote:
"They don't value life like we do,"
I laughed out loud at that line. "They don't value life like we do. That's why we NUKED THEM ALL!"
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The differences being:

1. God provided a warning of the coming destruction (as opposed to the Cylon seductions/sneak attack).

2. God provided a means of salvation/escape from the coming disaster (as opposed tot he Cylons seeking to destroy the escapees).

3. God, as the creator of man, is the only being with the right to make such a decision (as opposed to the Cylons deciding they were the judges of their creators).

4. It was quite clear that the destruction came from God, and not some attack carried out by zealots (as opposed to the Cylons that used conventional methods and means).

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, didn't she tell Baltar that their child would be born in the cell? Interesting, that.
And did anyone else notice that Sharon's baby was not born in the cell like Harvey-Six said she would? Another curious continuity semi-error. That means either that Harvey-Six was wrong, or that Sharon's baby wasn't the one she was speaking of. Hmm....

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps