Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG: "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II" � The Big Surprise ($$$ beyond all belief!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BSG: "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II" � The Big Surprise ($$$ beyond all belief!)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ONE YEAR LATER?" You've gotta be fracking kidding me! Now I know what Moore was talking about in his podcast last week...

I'm going to have to wait a while to make final judgment (and probably wait to see next season where this leads), but I can certainly see the need for that development. You kinda need to have a quick payoff on "Baltar's Big Frack-Up". But I think that it was not the greatest idea, because it kinda minimizes all the experiences of every other dang character in the show. This means we never get to see Laura Roslin in the immediate aftermath of her loss. We never get to see how Tyrol managed to resolve his inner demons. We never get to see how Sharon coped... was she stuck in the Galactica's brig for that whole year? What about Helo? We never get to see Apollo settling in to his command of the Pegasus.

Various inferences from the scenes and/or dialogue:

Kara and Anders got married. Tyrol and Cally got married and have a kid on the way. Lee and Dee have shacked up on the Pegasus. Roslin's decided to revert to her old job of kindergarten teacher. Sharon and Helo's baby is still alive and well (hmm, that may actually be another good reason for the year's jump, 'cause the kid probably needs to grow up a little to advance the plot). And I completely lost all respect for Felix Gaeta, since he's become *cough* President Baltar's *grumble* aide.

And now, I need to go out and hunt down whoever the fucking idiot is who thought it's a good idea to hold back new episodes until freaking October! Bastards!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Priest, IS a cylon? He was praising the lords on Caprica and to Roswell at the same time, LOL!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roslin ... not Roswell. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys
After seeing last night show I think that they show change the show title to Battlestar Deadwood. Adama could change his name to Wild bill, I do not know how everybody else fells about it but I have a bad felling that the show is in trouble now but I�ll keep my figures cross that Moore knows what he is doing.
Just my two cents
Pw

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"After seeing last night show I think that they show change the show title to Battlestar Deadwood"

How about Galactica: 1980 ?

Anyways, I knew the whole cyclon truce was a flubb. My real question is what happened to Number 6 and 8 on Caprica? Was their little reform crushed by the cylons only to have the cylons use it as a ruse to fool the humans into thinking the war was over?

As for Galactica and Pegasus and the remaining ragtag fleet, I'm guessing their only real option is to find Earth now.

Well we'll just have to wait till octoberfest...

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
"After seeing last night show I think that they show change the show title to Battlestar Deadwood"

How about Galactica: 1980 ?

Anyways, I knew the whole cyclon truce was a flubb. My real question is what happened to Number 6 and 8 on Caprica? Was their little reform crushed by the cylons only to have the cylons use it as a ruse to fool the humans into thinking the war was over?

As for Galactica and Pegasus and the remaining ragtag fleet, I'm guessing their only real option is to find Earth now.

Well we'll just have to wait till octoberfest...

there was 39,odd K on planet. Questions tha beg:

How many troops and civies on the P-G-RTFF?

How many lost from the nuke on the Paradise-9? How many ships damaged/destroyed in the explosion? (from the photage, it seems more than a few ships were in the blast wake. PICS PlzTU!)

Was P-9 Blond Lady truly sad to go? if that was Baltar's Imagine-Girl, who set us up the bomb?

Endgame? Checkmate?

When does the SDF-1 Macross or SDF-2 Megaroad or SBS Yamato or Enterprise-Nil/A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R/S/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z/AA/AB/AC/AD/AE.... save the day?

until then, frankly my dear, i guess we're fuckered...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys
I was just listing to the BG Podcast on itunes and I have some news. From what I heard they have said that Edward James Olmos is not coming back. Anybody else anything about this?
Pw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My real question is what happened to Number 6 and 8 on Caprica?"

From the look on her face, I got the impression "Caprica" Six was the one who showed up in Baltar's office on New Caprica. I'm not sure why she would have been there, though.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given their status as "heroes", it seems logical that both Caprica Six and Boomer Mk. I would be representing the Cylons during their grand entrance. For all we know they could be becoming leaders of the Cylon culture as a whole.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny but I thought that when they made the pact to start new life it wouldn't be to keep killing humans. Either the Sharon and Six we see are not the same ones from "Downloaded" or something happened to change their minds. But you know what, that little cylon parade at the end had me thinking, are the humans going to be killed? If so why didn't the toasters get it over-with and nuke them from space? I think there may be something more sinister in store for our fellow homo-sapiens.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a trailer attached to the episode when I saw it, indicating that the Cylons planned to "love" the humans. Take care of them, be kind to them, and prevent them from making any decisions at all.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they were created to serve mankind...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:

How many lost from the nuke on the Paradise-9? How many ships damaged/destroyed in the explosion?

Not to pick nits but it�s Cloud-9, not Paradise-9.

I was a bit dismayed at first at the "one year later." That�s a big jump to make and it does short-change us on what happened during that time. On the other hand, who wants to watch an entire season of "As New Caprica Turns?" For plot purposes, maybe it�s best to jump ahead like this. Plus, it gets the series into a more "normal" timeframe. Other television shows such as DS9, TNG and B-5 used one season to represent one year, whereas we�ve had two BSG seasons plus one mini-series and only elapsed nine months. Of course, this doesn�t mean that each season from now on will be one year in length.

How did New Caprica get into such a deplorable state after a year? How is all of this Baltar�s fault? What about the Quorum? What are or aren�t they doing that has allowed this? Why has the Quorum allowed Baltar to "fiddle while Rome burns," so to speak.

How is it entirely the president�s fault? He�s the head of the government, but not the only person. Surely there are checks and balances in place to prevent such abuses and neglect.

Or is it that bad? It has only been a year. Colonization is hard, especially when you�re colony is isolated and cut off from any of the factories and supplies from the motherland.

39k citizens. Is this total or just the ones on the planet? How many are in the fleet? How many died in the explosion of Cloud 9? Were other ships involved (it looked like it). How many people have died in the past year on New Caprica?

It appears to me that Gina-Six was intending to signal the Cylons by detonating the nuke. Maybe she was crying because of feelings for Baltar. Maybe she was crying because she new the resurrection ship wasn�t around and, by detonating this nuke, she would die the real death.

So much for the nuke finding its way to the Pegasus. I still expect her to be lost at some point.

Why are the Galactica and Pegasus short staffed? What kind of military operation allows most of the crew to abandon posts like that? Yes, it�s been a year and no Cylons have attacked. I understand that. But it appears to me the abandonment happened a long while before the end of the year. That�s just asking for trouble, especially since the supreme military admiral suspected a Cylon trap.

I suspected a ruse when the Cylons "abandoned" Caprica. How did they do that so fast? Sarbuck was convinced the Cylons abandoned the colonies when she first returned to the Galactica. Did she take time to look around? That�s a mighty big planet to check out. Where did everyone go? Did the Cylons simply vanish or did they just start heading toward their ships and take off? It was too fast to be legit. It had to be a ruse.

Likewise I wonder what happened with Caprica Six and Sharon to make them do this. They aren�t living and let living. This is occupation and control. Oppression.

Tigh should be removed from his post. He�s caused too many major screw-ups. First, his inability to command during Adama�s shooting, resulting in the subsequent riot and massacre on the Gideon, to falsifying election results. The man is a menace and needs to go. Adama is losing credibility in my eyes for allowing such a frack-up to continue in his role. Yes, military personnel are hard to come by, but this guy is a bit much.

Roslin too. She condoned the scam. Baltar may be a snake, but at least he didn�t cheat to win. Roslin may have had the best intentions in mind but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Speaking of snakes� where is Zarek? What has he done this past year? Why isn�t he trying to capitalize on the chaos of New Caprica and get Baltar out of office? Looks like a perfect opportunity for him to take over.

I don�t have any sound on my computer. What has Ron Moore said in his latest PodCasts?

Interesting thoughts according to this post BSG Season 3, According to Ron Moore Looks like we�re in for about three to five episodes centered on New Caprica.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a dream sequence. It's all a dream sequence. Gaius is going to wake up and realize what a terrible mistake he made and the fleet will move on.

It's all a dream sequence. It's all a dream sequence.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Its episodes like these that make me miss the timetravel reset button. I don't think its a dream sequence, no not for this type of show. As for the election, I find Adama's position to be a bit hypocritical. He was saying how democracy's important and the like, but didn't he take an authoritarian stance during the little crisis on Kobol. Many people wanted to go with Roslin to Kobol, but he refused to allow them to travel to the planet to find the map to Earth just because of his personal bias toward religion. Even when Roslin told him about Baltar, he quickly demissed the accussation saying there wasn't enough evidence. During the time of Admiral Cain, Roslin suggested having her killed because of what the crew of the Pegasus said of her previous actions, yet Adama didn't seem to reluctant to do it despite any real proof of Cain's atrocities.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps