Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » I saw Star Wars and will start my own thread and no one can stop me! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I saw Star Wars and will start my own thread and no one can stop me!
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will they have the Victory class Star Destroyer in the next movie? or will the used the things featured at the end of EP2? And will we see the original T.I.E starfighter? The one originally made by Republic Seinar Systems?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they'll stick to the Accumulator Class a little while longer, I haven't seen enough of it.
Hopefully the Victory Class will be shown as well, that indeed had begun its career in the midst of the Clone Wars.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doubt it. Lucas hardly even mentions anything that was written in the books around this time. I dobut he'll start now. But it's always nice hope for it.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While reading Dark Force Rising, I notice that Mara Jade tells Luke that the Emperor took off Vader's right hand after the Battle of Yavin.
Secondly, I noticed they always mention the Clone Wars as being somehwere around 50 years prior to Yavin, as opposed to the now-official 20-something.

*sigh* More indications as to Lucas' tampering... Yes, I know he can do whatever he wants because he has billions of dollars and created the trilogy, but I'd like to see stuff that doesn't contradict the books.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, y'see, that's why it's not tampering. Because it's his. And if he thinks that the story works better if we actually see Anakin having his hand chopped off, then so be it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the emperor doesn't like Anakin's clone hand and removes it in favour of a robotic one?

Another thing: What's the story about using the Force unnecessarily? When Anakin was fooling around with the Force as Amidala was preparing to leave Coruscant, he said that Obi-wan would be angry if he saw it. But when Obi-wan goes to Yoda about the map discrepancy he uses the force to take the map crystal from the holder. i.e would it be okay to use the Force to get your TV remote, but not to levitate it for amusement?

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't use the Force to pick up chicks.

Which, really, would lead to the utter extinction of the Jedi, because, what's the point?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jernau Morat Gurgeh:
Maybe the emperor doesn't like Anakin's clone hand and removes it in favour of a robotic one?

I think we are using different definitions of "clone" and "robotic" here. Unless that was a clone of Mecha Big Bird's hand...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You unintentionally raised an interesting point there, Yul Brynner.

The people of the Star Wars galaxy can clone (or grow)legions of maori buffed-ups, but not a hand (or arm)??
I mean, fark, WE aren't more than a couple of years (or decades) from total limb replacement (or regrowth).

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is (or was) a good (or interesting) point (or concept).
Nim
Member # 205

Oh no, they're on to me.

What I meant was that this "concept" is one of the very few times where technology-sophistication in a story is lessened to reach a goal (Vader the monster).

Or rather, the techlevel before the latest point in the timeline has been heightened. Not as uncommon...

[ July 17, 2002, 13:48: Message edited by: Nim Pim ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Don't use the Force to pick up chicks."

...literally or figuratively.

Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lurk*
IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the "fuck"?
Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your PMs!
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps