Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Lego Star Destroyer ... 3,000 PIECES! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lego Star Destroyer ... 3,000 PIECES!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLY CRAP!

It is the UCS Star Destroyer, #10030.

It is a lego model containing over 3,000 pieces. It will cost $270, and be available only through Lego Shop @ Home.

*WOW*

It took hours to put together the UCS Tie Interceptor, which barely had 700 pieces. This will take DAYS ...

I can't wait [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other news, LEGO has announced today that it had managed to dispose of its surplus of grey lego pieces, widely derided as being "yucky" and "boring" by little kids and toddlers across the country.
In an odd coincidence, several technical writers at the toy company abruptly died of unknown causes, the only clue being a print-job on a laser printer, with the repeating words:
"Place lego piece 2000 above and forward of lego piece 1999.
Place lego piece 2001 above and forward of lego piece 2000.
Place lego piece 2002 above and forward of lego piece 2001.
Place lego piece 2003 above and forward of lego piece 2002."
...and so on.
The investigation continues with no comment from police except for the fact that Jack is getting plenty of play, and not all of the work.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pooey on you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. I might buy a couple of those... maybe stage a little fleet action, or use their pieces to build an SSD. [Smile]

*wonders if LEGO could get around to releasing a Calamari Cruiser model in the near future*

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Ship!! [Eek!]

I will definitely be getting several of these. One for assembling as is, the others for the parts. Think how many Star Trek ships you could build out of these beauties... Drool... [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time, I took some Legos, and made a little train. It had wheels and everything.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had the spare $350+ necessary to buy that, I would.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 270$, at least according to the aformentioned source.

Of course, if you intend to buy several...

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Canadian $$ is a bit higher, I'd wager.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Anybody know about the RRP in Euro? Should be roughly in the US-$ price range, no?

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, give or take a few percent.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Anybody know about the RRP in Euro? Should be roughly in the US-$ price range, no?

it depends. not all products go by exchange rates. for instance, and x-box in the US is $199, but it is 250 Euros, despite the rough parity between the Euro and the Dollar.
IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

I hope it's going to be cheaper in Europe than in the US. After all, Lego comes from Denmark.

--------------------

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also have the Lego Corellian Corvette. I saw it at Toys R Us for like $130.00

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, the price is more unbelievable than the legos....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps