Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Lego Star Destroyer ... 3,000 PIECES! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lego Star Destroyer ... 3,000 PIECES!
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh, i don't mean the yellow brick ones [Smile] i mean the mid 80's ones. to me, those are old.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good marketing.

Take a look at the Lego "Legend's" line, Timo ... they're re-releasing some of the older sets. I'm looking forward to the "Black Sea's Barricuda", being offered this winter! It was the first big pirate ship ... I canna wait! [Big Grin]

Snay (has Lego on the mind)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking especially about the "space" and "city" sets of the late seventies (blue-and-grey spaceships) and early eighties. That's when I started to get interested.

I once built a film studio complete with soundstages, office buildings and outdoor "backlot" - as in "Pinewood" that is. I had several Trek sets on miniature soundstages. Unfortunately the only one remaining partly intact is the Enterprise D bridge with the modifications from Generations.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i always liked constructs better than legos. they worked better with my Brio train set, imo, and they defintely worked better with my he-man figures (i had every single figure and playset from the first 3 series of toys). last year, my dad freaked everyone out by being obsessed with organizing my hundred billion legos (just because i liked constructs better doesn't mean i didn't have a shitload of legos). guess he was having a midlife crisis.
Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at least your mom didn't throw all your legos in the trash because "you are getting too old for these"

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're never too old for LEGO.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SJ is Saint John. Or John's. Whichever's in New Brunswick. I don't care, the maritimes suck.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Intruder1701:
Well at least your mom didn't throw all your legos in the trash because "you are getting too old for these"

she threw away all of my other toys. they were only worth, say, $5,000 or so. bumb bitch mothers.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess she threw them away years ago, no?

Who needs to throw away anything today? After all, we've got Ebay!! [Razz]

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if there is a Super Star Destroyer Lego set.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
I guess she threw them away years ago, no

it was about 8 years ago.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Tahna, that would be great, but think of the size! If the SD is about a meter long, how long would a SSD in the same scale be?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Eleven meters long.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

And consisting of about 35.000 pieces. Boy, that could be fun... [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps