Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars III: Attack of the Mullets (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars III: Attack of the Mullets
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From IMDb.

Star Wars III: Attack of the Mullets

Star Wars movie-maker George Lucas is insisting all the characters in the new sci-fi sequel sport shaggy seventies-style haircuts - so they look like the stars of the original films. Star Wars: Episode III actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, currently shooting the final installment on set in New South Wales, Australia, are showing off unfashionable "mullet" hairdos - because they were trendy when the first Star Wars film was made in 1977. An onset source explains, "The idea is that it will lead seamlessly on to the original Star Wars movie, starring Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, which was filmed in the Seventies and had certain hallmarks of that era. It's a bid for continuity. They are trying to capture the shaggy look that was popular then

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
(continuous insane laughter as Star Wars fans immolate themselves)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
(continuous insane laughter as Star Wars fans immolate themselves)

That CAN'T be for real.
Post a link please.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing Lucas and his flair for the dramatic, it's real alright.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link provided.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

In-fucking-sane.

It's "That 70's movie" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just too funny to be fake... "That 70's Movie"... yikes!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... so the characters will wear the same hair styles for over 20 year hunh? LOL. Am I the only one who thinks that years of isolation at the Skywatcher Ranch have driven Lucas INSANE. [Eek!]

Surrounding himself with worshippers hasn't helped the quality of the first two prequel films. Don't any of these people have any taste to say anything?

Plus Rick McCallum comes across as the universe's biggest sycophant. Excuse me Rick, there is lots of brown stuff on the end of your nose, here's a handkerchief. Please wipe it off.

Well the only thing I can say about the prequels in general is:

"Fool me once shame on, fool me twice shame on me."

I won't be seeing Episode III, period. I would like to keep my happy memories of the original series in tact and not see them influenced by Lucas' revisionism. Plus, despite Lucas' high opinion of him, Hayden Christian is one of the worst actors I have ever had the misfortune to watch. Plus all the Jedi deserve to die because in the words of Dark Helmet:

"Good is SO DUMB."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you got all that angst from a hairstyle-rumor?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ET: "Jennifer Aniston might sport a new do in the upcoming season of 'Friends.'"

Me: FUCK YOUR GOD!!!

It is common, you see.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would be, like, SHOCKING news though, if it were confirmed. BECAUSE HAIRSTYLES CAN MAKE OR BREAK A MOVIE!! LIEK SNF!!

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Bigtom
Member # 1068

- posted      Profile for Bigtom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo Hoo!

I'm gonna' be in style again....

Are they wearing polyester suits?

--------------------
"It's an ancient Klingon ritual for courage".... "Trust me Wesley"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
This would be, like, SHOCKING news though, if it were confirmed. BECAUSE HAIRSTYLES CAN MAKE OR BREAK A MOVIE!! LIEK SNF!!

Nothing will stop it from being a financial windfall for Lucas (it being the last of the SW movies nad all) but that does'nt mean it'll be a good movie by any standards.

For the record, I really liked the second half of TPM and Loved the first half of AOTC...
Mabye they could just focus on Ewan and have him act Anakin's part too.
ILM could always CGI Christensen's head over later and the acting would be good....dialogue would still be stiff and akward with Lucas at the helm though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was rather hoping that, having done the long-haired Kenobi look in AOtC - even though it was a particularly gay-assed long-haired look - Ewan McG would just have short hair and a beard, start him looking a bit more like the ANH Kenobi.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must apologize for my previous outbursts. True or untrue, it was the straw that broke the proverbial dromedary's back. There was a time when I absolutely loved Star Wars. Sadly that time has passed. [Frown]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps