Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars III: Attack of the Mullets (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars III: Attack of the Mullets
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, usually we moan about lack of continuity. [Razz]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nothing will stop it from being a financial windfall for Lucas (it being the last of the SW movies nad all) but that does'nt mean it'll be a good movie by any standards."

I'm just saying that, as far as causes for a movie's wind- or downfall go, haircuts aren't exactly the most determinative.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know.
In the grand scheme, it does'nt irritate me near as much as say, Star Wars being revised so Greedo fires first in ultra jerky-fast motion.
It's just one more little thing wearing the luster off my childhood's favorite movies.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
For the record, I really liked the second half of TPM and Loved the first half of AOTC...

OH YES! SOMEONE ELSE! Me too!!

2nd half of TPM is fine and I only like the first half of AOTC... everyone else adores the second half of AOTC - but it is SOOOoo CORNY!

It's just c-r-a-p

"It looks as though this battle can't be won on who has more knowledge of the Force - let's decided this with the light sabre" - GROAN! The first truely corny line of the 21st century!?!

Pity it had to be Christopher Lee who said it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thank goodness Lee has the Saruman character in LOTR. I think that he will be remembered for this character, Dracula, and Francisco Scaramanga, not Count Dookuu. [Big Grin]
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah... Dooku IS Saruman, and vice versa... the characters are carbon copies of each other
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I hope you are being sarcastic. Can we have a sarcasm emoticon!?! [Smile]
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, the rolley-eyes aren't really distinctly sarcastic they're more like "duh that was obvious" or "you are so stupid but I'm not going to say you are"...

[Wink]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they are. Look at them. Both are magicians from a trusted order of same who have secretly gone bad and allied themselves to the supreme evil in town. That Jackson (and ultimately Tolkien) displayed a certain amount of basic competance with their version doesn't change the essential nature of the characters.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AOTC's second half just bored me to death.
Jedi's going down to chicken looking droids.
Toyfare Magazine did a nice parody that said "Wow, it's just like Gladiator!....wait, it's exactly like Gladiator!!!"
Jedi were supposed to be real badasses and not just jerks with swords,
The skeleton army from Army of Darkness fought far better than the bulk of the Jedi's in that arena. [Roll Eyes]
Based on a comparison of lightsabre duels from TPM and AOTC, I'd say that Obi-Wan and Darth Sideous would've easily taken out every sorry force user from AOTC by skill alone.
....and don't get be started on the mad muppet moving in fast forward!
Mabye yoda will have a '70's fro in the new movie.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

....and don't get be started on the mad muppet moving in fast forward!
Mabye yoda will have a '70's fro in the new movie.

OMG! Yes! Again, someone else who agrees with me about the absurdity of Yoda in the fight seen. It was so obvious they sped his movements up so the audience's eye couldn't linger on the CGI creation for too long.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I was really hoping Yoda'd just be his usual slow self and drop a starship on his enemies.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Or Jedi Mind suggest Dooku to sabre himself! [Smile]

Which makes me wish we saw in the last two movies more types of Jedi skills/tricks. Instead of the ones we learnt about in the First trilogy.

I'm sure there's a whole lot of Jedi skills to be learnt!

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jedi Powerball number selection.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps