Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » New Trailer possible minor spoilers $ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Trailer possible minor spoilers $
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't it states that Paly was controlling the Senate using his Evil Jedi Mind Voodoo, or something?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Dooku said it. But who knows if he's lying or not. He's probably telling the truth, and I'm pretty sure that it's Dooku's own plans for power that gets him Young Skywalker sicked on his butt.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Questions still need to be answered, like:-

- Does Dooku/Tyrannus know Sidious = Palpatine?
- If he does, why did he tell Obi-Wan that Sidious was controlling the Senate? Presumably not because he wants to be Master Sith Lord instead of Apprentice Sith Lord; if he did he could quite easily have dobbed Palpatine in instead of using a name that would mean nothing to Kenobi.
- if he doesn't know, the case for him wanting to depose Sidous is actually stronger! Even as he's carrying out Sidious' wishes, he's plotting against him.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounded like Dooku wanted to find some allies to get Sidious out of the way. He tries to get Kenobi to join him to "destroy the Sith", though the destory part of the plan could conceivably been just to make Kenobi think it was a righteous cause. He also seemed to wish that Qui Gon was still around to help him out. He probably knows that he can't take out Sidious by himself.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dooku does not know about Palpy-

$$SPOILERS$$

When Palpy orders Anakin to kill Dooku in Ep III (after Dooku and Grievus kidnap Palpy on orders from Sideous),Dooku is shocked and says "You promised me amnsety!". It seems that Palpy offers Dooku amnesty in return for his freedom but decides that Anakin makes a even better shill than Dracula, so it's off with Dooku's head.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
Member # 393

Yeah. I didn't want to mention that in this thread, in case there're people who're happy to discuss the implications of the trailer but don't want to be spoiled by the revelations of that other thread. But since it's out there, yes, it does imply that Dooku has no idea that Palpy is also his boss.

--------------------

Son of Caligula
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,I'm a noob to this forum and this is my first post.
The main thing I'd love to see in Ep3 is The Trials that all Padawon learners need to face to become a Jedi,I think Anikan needs to fail the Trials and this sends him spiralling out of control,towards the dark side,or Palpatine makes him fail,and sets him up to become a Darth.
Mon Montha has to make an Appearance as dose Admiral Akbar.

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Akky! [Big Grin]

"It's a TRAP!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mon Mothma should indeed make an appearance....Akbar really does not though.

The Rebel Alliance seems to make people generals at the drop of a hat, so an admiral is not critical to the alliance's founding...

Not that it's needed to show any seeds of discontent so early on.
Palpy is a very popular President and will at least maintain the appearance of a government based on senetorial decision for another 18-20 years.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Son of Caligula: Anakin can't have failed any trials because the saber he's constructed as of Ep.III, the one later handed down to Luke, is that of a full Jedi Knight. Obi Wan's own words.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I believe Mon Mothma is indeed in the cast of characters for Ep 3. The trailer also makes it pretty clear that Palpy starts educating Anakin in the ways of evil-ness and that's what cranks his asshole meter up. That and Mace getting all in his face about not wanting him on the council.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

liverpoollucan
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for liverpoollucan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dooku knows damn well that Palpatine is Sidious and has a conversation with Sidious in his palpatine guise while they are waiting for the two jedi to come and rescue Palpatine.
When he cries out "you promised me amnesty he was talking to palpatine who had just told anakin to kill Dooku. As far as dooku knew before that the plan was for him to kill obi1 and get caught by anakin, after which Palpatine/ Sidious would give him amnesty for helping Palpatine end the war. It was all a complex plot to start Anakin on the path to the dark side. Sidious told anakin to kill dooku therefore betraying what Dooku percieved as the origional plan"

Yeah my spelling and punctuation sucks but i don't really care lol

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess what? We do. Please stop.

Anakin can't have failed any trials because the saber he's constructed as of Ep.III, the one later handed down to Luke, is that of a full Jedi Knight. Obi Wan's own words.

Also, Clone Wars, Anakin's a full Jedi Knight by chapter 22.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"obi1"? Is that what he calls himself when he's chatting with "JediMaster420" and "^_^@pRiNcEsS_LeIa@^_^"?
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"obi1"? Is that what he calls himself when he's chatting with "JediMaster420" and "^_^@pRiNcEsS_LeIa@^_^"?

your giving him shit over ONE instance of l33t speak?

get a fucking clue and save the flames for the flame boards, bitchs...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps