Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 16)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21432722/?GT1=10450
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends don't let friends stampede drunk.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw that yesterday, still LOLing.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those that were wondering how it turned out...

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=216282

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister, right? Or was it cousin?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
For those that were wondering how it turned out...

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=216282

From the article:
quote:
LaFrance has pursued her dream of being an astronaut since age 12.

"I've known nothing else," she said. "I mowed lawns for two years to be able to go to space camp."

This summer, things came full circle as LaFrance served as a counselor at the same camp she had worked so hard to attend.

You were here for the summer, and didn't say anything?!?? Although I'm not sure what my wife would say about me meeting a college coed. [Big Grin] But it would be interesting to meet people in person occasionally.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Shik pointed out : her sister.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

Yes, sister. I'm the pretty one ;-)

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which makes her the smart one? Or just the healthy one?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wayodd.com/lansing-police-chief-prepping-city-for-possible-zombie-attack-ahead-of-halloween/v/8354/

SURELY, he's kidding...

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any news site with a pic of a fat chick shooting water from her butt with the caption "Save the Whale" can't be taken seriously.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007710240310

I think that's an actual Lansing newspaper. I'm sure the Chief's just pulling everyone's chain.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British invent Klingon Cloaking Device.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Da_bang80
Member # 528

I seem to remember a feature on Daily Planet about something identical to that. I also believe there was an article in a Popular Mechanics or Popular Science about the same thing years and years ago. It's pretty cool that some of the stuff you see in those mags actually becoming a reality.

Mr. Kensington also has some very good points.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little old but anyway...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/27/2007-10-27_chocolate_jesus_statue_finds_sweet_space.html

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.