Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Spelling errors (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Spelling errors
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The state was not part of the confederacy at the begining of the war.East Tennessee my part and the only part that matters to me was union. We fought against the rest of the state. And paid a heavy price. War at every door they called it.
IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tennessee joined the Confederacy in July of 1861.

There is absolutely no way you can make a valid claim that it was not part of the Confederacy simply because it joined after the firing on Fort Sumpter, irregardless of regional loyalties.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A) That's funny. I lived in Chattanooga for ten years and I never heard a thing about that. Apparently it's not considered that big a deal in that part of East Tennessee, given that, y'know, everyone who fought in the civil war is dead...

B) My goodness, this man is from MY STATE!? What city, praytell?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Matter of regional loyalty. Also of legality. We fought for the Union. I never think about middle and west tennessee as my home. Crooked politicians afraid to stand up for what was right. East Tennessee was solid against slavery and preserving the Union. Unionist was the term.We had our own war inside a war. Not something you hear about anymore.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never think about middle and west tennessee as my home. Crooked politicians afraid to stand up for what was right.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say whatever you want to about parts of states and regions, the fact of the matter is that the state of Tennessee seceeded from the Union and joined the Confederacy.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Screw middle and west tennessee they don't speak for us and we can still kick their butt. Long story. Too complicated to go into now.Read "War at every door". It lays out the time lines and legal aspects.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

I understand the regionalism that took place during the American Civil War, and I understand the strong Union sentimentalities of parts of the state, however, there is no way you can make the claim that "Tennessee was not part of the Confederacy."

It just ain't true.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

The second vote was rigged we proved it. we kicked their butt. East and middle tenn. had a lock on it and the crooked politicians stole ballot boxes and used troops to keep middle tenn. voters away from the polls. Crooked deal, it never was legal."History is written by the victors"We won so we write the history.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jay:

Tennessee seceeded from the Union after a majority of its citizens voted to REMAIN with the Union - it's the only state that voted to remain in the Union but left anyway (and that does say something about their politicians, as M.M. says). A good chunk of Tennesseeans did fight with the North, and quite a few of those were massacred at Fort Pillow.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Thank you sir. While the history books seldom give us credit we were loyal to the union. The war here was terrible. We were always out numbered but we never quit.In this case its a matter of the history books not addressing the fact that the second vote was invalid. It should be corrected but it probably never will be.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there some sort of signal degradation between your brain and your fingertips, or is there, as I fear, a real direct corellation between your thoughts and the words (I can't go so far as to call them "sentences") you post?
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

My communication skills are limited by a medical problem. My line of reason is sound. Acepted history is incomplete in this case. Our state was not confederate. The results of the second vote were false. The people of this state took up arms to correct this and won in the end. Though the facts are not in question on this, recorded history does not ,in most books at least, show the whole story.Only by knowing the complete story would the truth be told. While it doesn't matter much to anyone today, it illustrates that the devil is in the details when studying events of long ago.

[ September 08, 2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Mountain Man ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kind of odd to me how being from tennessee would automaticaly mean that I was a racist
What!? I did not even mention the word racist. Just reminding you that you are, in fact, 53, and not 13, which it seemed like at the time.

I don't know anything about the American Civil War, but if Tennessee joined the Confederacy, they *were* a Confederate state. Even *if* the majority of people living in Tennessee (Tennesseeers? Tennesseeans?) did not support that decision.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

So, your saying there was a civil war within the Civil War...even in Tennessee?

I had no idea. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps