Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Neglected Ship Farragut (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Neglected Ship Farragut
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Gta... good game. Why does the Ent-A have phaser arrays?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TOO BLOW YOUR MIND!!!
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Major Lulz, report to Sean's post.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who is Major Lulz? I searched Google, Wikipedia, and the forum database, and still cant find an answer. And sir, I am manning my station adiquately. I see no reason to be relieved of duty. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I was trying to make sense of [Pensive's Wetness'...] post..."

Reading that sentence is a bit like hearing someone say, "So, I was sitting there, poking myself in the eyes with rusty thumbtacks..."

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lulz is another word for lolz which is another word for lol. Major is an adjective but in this case I made a joke treating it like a military rank. What I was saying, my friend, is that I found your post very funny. [Razz]
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda liked the Intrepid Class design. Then again I love the Prometheus Class so what do I know?

Having Janeway command a Nebula Class instead of Voyager leaves me a bit uneasy for some reason. Maybe because it was her first command as Captain: instead of giving her a nice big ole Galaxy Class she gets the top of the line Intrepid Class since it's a stepping stone. Picard commanded the Stargazer before the Enterprise-D so let's assume that you get a bigger and more prestigious ship if you didn't screw up your first one.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say losing the Stargazer was a pretty big screw up. He lost the E-D and got a better ship after that too. Since Janeway got VOY back she'll get a Miranda, then, if that survives, an Oberth.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I'm starting to think that Starfleet doesn't want its captains to bring back their ships, since the ones that do keep getting promoted to Admiral.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picard getting the E-D proves to me that there was another command between the Stargazer and the Enterprise. And I think it was something pretty important that no one seems to know about.

As for losing the E-D, sure, but he saved an entire solar system. He's also a respected negotiator.

Oh, and for the record... I always thought the Nebula was just a so-so design. It was cool in that it was one of the first new ships we got to see in the Next Gen era and that it showed a design evolution, but other than that it was kind of thrown together. Nice for what it was, but definitely not a star.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also a second-stringer. SWACS, fleet ops, SAR, science platform... Not a long-range or high-speed Scout or Explorer, which is what Voyager was calling for.

But really... Generations was the first time you saw the Nebula class? Do you only watch the movies? That ship (under other neames, and bearing slight variations) appeared in five other episodes of TNG and DS9 prior to Generations. And thanks to expanded visual effects through CG, later episodes of DS9, and Star Trek: First Contact had dozens of them. It's a workhorse, and hardly neglected.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"I was trying to make sense of [Pensive's Wetness'...] post..."

Reading that sentence is a bit like hearing someone say, "So, I was sitting there, poking myself in the eyes with rusty thumbtacks..."

ROFL!!!!!!!!! (though i am still uncertain if i was insulted by this or not? maybe i should ask some people in my guild on DDO? "Does my voice grate on you? especially when i scream when my newbie-cannon-of-doom [+2 Curse Spewing Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Presision] gets me agro?" [Big Grin]

of course, considering my love affair with halflings, my guild: Halfling Commandos...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by esecallum:
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:

NOOOOOOOW how about this: *does more ass-tastic math out of his ass* 750/2 = 375 (sorry, no ass hat for you) + 60 marqui equals... yep you guessed it, a whole shit load more peps you'd never see cause that's a whole lot more peps to pay to get on the air, you see. plus it be alot more boring because the ship being a nebula would either end up stuck on a planet due to rating or resource management or they would have pulled a equinox themselves since it's clearly evident the bun would NEVA get command of a BIG-ASS SotL like a nebula class

(Humor, slap, flame)

I was trying to make sense of your rambling,somewhat incoherant post and as I far as I can make out what you are saying is that producers could not afford to show the larger crew. (and why should they?)

But the Enterprise-D which was even larger HAD A THOUSAND CREW AND WE DID NOT SEE THEM EITHER. (can someone do a face count on ALL the extras seen in the entire series run? do we see enough faces to equal a 1000?)WE DON'T NEED TO SEE THEM EITHER. (total agreement)

The argument makes no sense. (I am the president of Asia. The Argument is invalid)

You are forgetting the aesthetics involved totally,namely a splayed turkey compared to an object of beauty.The ship was going away from the planet and it was not a E-D saucer which was a hideous blueish color.This looked more appealing and,I thought I wanted you,to appreciate it as a better vessal then the Voyager class which was generic looking but your arguments relate to showing the crew which makes no sense as we never saw all the crew in TNG which had a larger crew on a larger ship. (the comment about the color of the ship against visuals in the BG are probably the 1st one you said that doesnt smack of... noobishness. good, perhaps hope for you yet adawan)

we also did not see all the crew of the Loveboat either. (wow. you think Adult Swim could do a Space Ghost-Coast-2-Coast version wth new dubs?)

If you cannot muster a cogent argument then it is best to accept what is stated. (that makes me giggle, mastery of incoherance is IC to me)

I think you need to a picture on your desktop for it to grow on you. (current BG: the pic art from the Hasagawa 1/72 scale VF-0S Fighter Mode agaist a blue, partyly cloudy ocean. got it from MACROSS World)

It was highly compact,and gave a holding to my chest appearance,as it clutched the engines,and secondary hull to it's belly. (Its a modern era Miranda looking ship. beautiful like all the other cannon ships seen in the movies, sir)

You could paste a picture of it from the end of Generations. (pass. anything Macross rapes my pie hole, TU)

It had a very distinct appearance that is why I am in love with it. [/QB]

that's good. my love affair is with modern VF's. if it transforms, carries a rifle, lots of missles, looks good even when they blow the fuck up... i hump 'em. [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Lulz is another word for lolz which is another word for lol. Major is an adjective but in this case I made a joke treating it like a military rank. What I was saying, my friend, is that I found your post very funny. [Razz]

Why thank you Dan.
*bows in jubilence*

--------------------

-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Picard getting the E-D proves to me that there was another command between the Stargazer and the Enterprise. And I think it was something pretty important that no one seems to know about.

I always had the impression he had a desk job for most of that stretch...although he did mention that the first time he saw Tasha HIS ship had shown up to the same incident as her's (and we know she was on Enterprise from the get-go) so he probably did have at least one command immediately prior to the Enterprise-D.

As for the Nebula, it's funny, I always thought it looked like a frog too...in a good way. It's a fine design, bit it's just silly to think that ANY established design is EVER going to be the lead ship in any new series. They pay the art department lots of money to design new things for a reason.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps