Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Neglected Ship Farragut (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Neglected Ship Farragut
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
It was you! iwth the pipe in the libraby, when you sucked off the waitress!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meheheh. Be thou careful for what thou wishest.

Isn't "cruiser" kind of a vague superclass anyway? Or is that 'battlecruiser'...

I don't like the Fed's evolution towards long and thin. I preferred tall and wide - the Galaxy's still my favorite design, although the Sovereign comes damn close.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
... i thought he left over that tripe BS about STVI...

Thank you, sir, for directing me to this user's previoius posts. I needed the laugh, and somehow I'd missed the thread when it was open.

That boy didn't leave. He flounced.

I'd have liked the Voyager more if it didn't look as if it had been built using a plastic spoon as its base.

(Also, it's "maquis.")

(Also also, the Nebula class had better have been "hopeful," as Ritten points out.) (get it?)

(shutting up now.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have we got a list of what objects Voyager has been likened to over the years!?!

Plastic Spoon (above)
I also remember:

Toilet seat
Frog

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, I always thought it looked like a frog. But I still liked the design.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I'd never drew the frog comparison before...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voyager reminds me of a special knife that was used during family birthday parties to cut cake.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When viewed from back to front, an overweight hammerhead shark.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks alright looking down on the dorsal side, but the side view is just a pudgy, ugly little thing.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda like your mom.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

esecallum
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:

NOOOOOOOW how about this: *does more ass-tastic math out of his ass* 750/2 = 375 (sorry, no ass hat for you) + 60 marqui equals... yep you guessed it, a whole shit load more peps you'd never see cause that's a whole lot more peps to pay to get on the air, you see. plus it be alot more boring because the ship being a nebula would either end up stuck on a planet due to rating or resource management or they would have pulled a equinox themselves since it's clearly evident the bun would NEVA get command of a BIG-ASS SotL like a nebula class

[/QB]

I was trying to make sense of your rambling,somewhat incoherant post and as I far as I can make out what you are saying is that producers could not afford to show the larger crew.

But the Enterprise-D which was even larger HAD A THOUSAND CREW AND WE DID NOT SEE THEM EITHER.

WE DON'T NEED TO SEE THEM EITHER.

The argument makes no sense.

You are forgetting the aesthetics involved totally,namely a splayed turkey compared to an object of beauty.The ship was going away from the planet and it was not a E-D saucer which was a hideous blueish color.This looked more appealing and,I thought I wanted you,to appreciate it as a better vessal then the Voyager class which was generic looking but your arguments relate to showing the crew which makes no sense as we never saw all the crew in TNG which had a larger crew on a larger ship.

we also did not see all the crew of the Loveboat either.

If you cannot muster a cogent argument then it is best to accept what is stated.

I think you need to a picture on your desktop for it to grow on you.

It was highly compact,and gave a holding to my chest appearance,as it clutched the engines,and secondary hull to it's belly.

You could paste a picture of it from the end of Generations.

It had a very distinct appearance that is why I am in love with it.

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still on meth then, are we?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"But the Enterprise-D which was even larger HAD A THOUSAND CREW AND WE DID NOT SEE THEM EITHER."

What P.W. is trying to say, (i think) is that the whole maquis integration thing wouldn't have played much of a role on a ship as big as the E-D. 60 people have very little impact on the crew make up of a ship with 1000 people on it. As for voyager, it has a crew compliment of 141, so if about 60 died, it would have a big impact on the state of the crew. Likewise, to try to integrate 60 people with a hatred of starfleet into the crew also has more of an impact on the ship. It was one of the early conflicts that Voyager expirenced.

"...to appreciate it as a better vessal then the Voyager class..."

Voyager class? do you watch Star Trek for anything other than the explosions and Seven of Nine's breasts?

"It was highly compact,and gave a holding to my chest appearance,as it clutched the engines,and secondary hull to it's belly."

You should write poetry. I'm pretty sure we all have a grasp of what the Nebula class looks like, seeing as there are at least four threads in this forum's database relating to the specs, design, and even the minute differences between the filming models of the ship.

"If you cannot muster a cogent argument then it is best to accept what is stated."

Because, of course, you are the obviously the expert on this whole subject.

Please, spend five minutes to do a search of this forum's database and read some of the conversations about this design.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Shik
Member # 343

Oh SNAP! Smackdown by the n��b...cherry BROKEN!

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by esecallum:

It was highly compact,and gave a holding to my chest appearance,as it clutched the engines,and secondary hull to it's belly.

He big in nothing, important in good elephant.

Seriously, your love for the Nebula is clouding your mental facilities. Also what's your beef with the Enterprise-D Saucer? Now I understand what you are saying, but the The Powers That Be decided to go with a new design. Deal with it. The show has been over for how many years now?

In any case, I like my wallpaper.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps