Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Neglected Ship Farragut (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Neglected Ship Farragut
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, please....

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by esecallum:
Rick Sternback as the designer of the intrepid had no idea how a star trek works and should not have been given this task or he he should have been over ruled and the nebula class should have been used.

And with that, you just lost all credibility.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, don't engage, it'll only encourage him.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, hot guys can wear sweaters too.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"another analogy to help you understand"

No... we all understand your argument just fine. Noone agrees with you.

Oh, and you can't say that the Nebula appeared so beautifully and memorably in Generations, so much so that it would make a great lead ship because everyone loved it in the movie, then turn around and say that it's only made blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearances.

"Your argument is invalid" Uh huh. You know, you should really just write a blog. You'd be a lot less frustrated.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
*screams* LOCK!!!!!!! TeeeeeeeeeeeeeehHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Threaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *pause* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...... *pauses to pant* Ah fuck this, i'm going to PT and enjoy the rest of my off shift weekend....

Lock Zee Thread! I'd rather talk about Mecha Masterbation (which includes BSG-5 and Sarah from T-girl Cronies, as well as Buffy-Bot! Woo-woo!), please?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How the hell did this thread get to six pages? [Confused]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bad luck Johnny, just bad luck, but, since it is here I guess I should post.

Starfleet command to esecallum it's time to take your protein pill and put your space suit on.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems fairly apparent that this individual is a troll. His relentless mantra that the Nebula class should have been used on Voyager and that anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't truly understand Star Trek is a giveaway. Not "something other than the Intrepid class" or "perhaps something along the lines of the Nebula class" but "the Nebula class, you aesthetically ignorant Philistines!". He's being too deliberately obstinate to be trying do anything but rile up members of the board. This is exactly what he did with his absurd thread about Star Trek VI.
Or maybe he's a North Korean dictator. I think Kim Jong Il is irrationally obstinate too.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obstinate, but hilarious

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good, another quoting session. Lets see...

" You say it could not be a lead ship which makes you prejudiced against the nebula class.This is like saying a black could not be a lead due to prejudice ."

When did I ever say that I hated the design? i think it is nice looking, but not lead ship material.

" you have an identity "

Very observant.

" The internal fitting regarding gel packs and so forth are not relavant and are internal fittings ."

So youre saying the ONLY thing that matters regarding a ship is how it looks?

"... if that identity was replaced with a plain generic non-descript identity that would make you less interesting.

I already have a plain generic non-descript identity. Also, Many people with girlfriends are myopic, and wear sweaters.

" Also you say it is just a E-D saucer stuck on a engineering section but you are wrong ."

When did I say this? You must be the world's best paraphraser.

" The disc on the nebula is more like the disc on the Excelsior or the E-A ."

What disc? Also, (mainly because I'm getting tired of hitting the quote key) the next movie is set in the TOS time period. What is remastering a show that has been off the air for less than a decade going to do for movie publicity?

Hmm, this is kinda fun [Smile]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Hmm, this is kinda fun [Smile] "

Z, sometimes a troll is needed to induce a lively spirit, as Johnny asked, how did this thread get to be six pages long? Easy, we went under the bridge and beat the trolls mercilessly with rubber chickens and real fish!

Those gel packs, well, they were just non-talking plot devices. Which means that with a Nebbie you wouldn't need a plot?

Oh, and it is a SAUCER, not a fucking disc!!!
EDIT: forgot my /

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He could be reffering to the AWACS dish that the Phoenix had in the Nebbie's first prominent appearance. But, the Farragut from Generations didn't have that "disc", only a mission pod. Even if he is a troll, I find it fun to argue with his arrogant selfserving views. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug* Ignoring him or enjoying it, either way he does not accomplish his goal. I just like being a jerk (for me) without having to feel bad about it! It's cathartic.
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Z, sometimes a troll is needed to induce a lively spirit, as Johnny asked, how did this thread get to be six pages long? Easy, we went under the bridge and beat the trolls mercilessly with rubber chickens and real fish!

Why waste real fish? You're average seafood restaurant has plenty of plastic ones on the walls. Either way, trolling on Flare seems pretty pointless since no one is overly serious about the subject and none of the members are likely to have the sort of reaction a troll is looking for.

Back onto the topic; I've always liked the Intrepid class design, especially from above. My only complaint about the design has been that the interface between the saucer and the secondary hull seems a bit too abrupt.

My heresy is that I've never actually liked the Galaxy class; it's proportions always seemed wrong to me. It had a good side view but front and top views always made the secondary hull and nacelles appear freakishly small in comparison to the enormous saucer. And putting the long axis of the elliptical saucer perpendicular to the forward motion of the ship made it seem clumsy. I was very pleased with the Sovereign class design, which fixed most of what I thought was wrong with the Galaxy class.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps