Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Half-Saucer (aka Intrepid) orthos (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Half-Saucer (aka Intrepid) orthos
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paramount seems to be getting rather generous with what they'll allow reliced these days... Shame there won't be much more.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOMBASTIC VOICE

I'd say the whole show has been pretty well reduced to relic status!

THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE

TAKE TWO

(something about headlice)

THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE

[These images are really neat, though.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I know I've made this complaint before, but will people who want to show off the details of their neat models please, please, please shut off the "realistic" lighting in favor of some distant and diffuse light source? I can better appreciate your work when I can SEE THE WHOLE SHIP.

The fact that every four or five view shot of every computer model ever has this same problem suggests that maybe there is a reason for it, but apparently that reason seems to be to annoy me to no end.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'Know it would be nice to see a Tech Manual from this era...I know it will never happen, but one can dream!

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen people attempting to put together fan publications of that sort, but if you mean something official, no it will never happen.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DoughBoy05:
I know it will never happen

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miscellaneous ship info:

1. None of the Earth Starfleet ships were given class names other than nicknames (see #2).

2. The "Intrepid" type was referred to as the "Half-Saucer." HS-class, anyone? The other wedge-shaped ship was referred to as the "Warp Delta," and the "first Starfleet ship." Delta-class, anyone?

3. The "Warp Delta" is the same ship as the "moon shuttle" in the opening credits, with some modifications, obviously. Bonchune posted a terrific, large oblique pic of the CGI model. If anyone wants to see it but doesn't want to register at the site, I can upload it.

4. The "Sarajevo" type ship had no official class or registry, although a sketch of the ship by John Eaves is labeled "NC-27." NC-class, anyone? Also, in Eaves' sketch, the ship is labeled "Starfleet Elite Observation vessel," and was more detailed, including red bussards in front of the rear blue glowing thingies (thereby making it a warp vessel instead of a sublight ship). Unfortunately the bussards don't show up in the finished product.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with asking those stupid questions? "Do you want to see?". Geez. Get on with it, man! [Smile]

NC-class is fine with me. But why does Starfleet need a special ship to observe the elite? Glad to hear that this was intended to be a scoutship or command vessel of some sort, rather than a combatant - form should reflect function at least to some degree.

No problem with HS-class and D-class, either, but I'll still insist on having "proper" names on the classes as well. NX = Enterprise class and so forth. And, well, Neptune class sounds like our best bet for HS now, considering that there is no conflicting info, and that a comparison to the nearest similar ship type would make sense in that silly captain's chair discussion.

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo: [Wink]

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the darn upload link...

Oh, well. It's late & I'm going to bed now. If no one else posts it by tomorrow, I will.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You tease me with the promise of these photos...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robs got a nice view of the AeroWing from Voyager...that wasnt what you saw was it?

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, I gotta do everything around here? [Big Grin]
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/warp_delta.jpg

B.J.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

Thats the nicest pic I've seen of that Romulan...er..I mean Earth ship. Thanks

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Sweeet.

Are there any 5-views of this ship like the ones posted of the Intrepid Type?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

Say yes! say Yes! "I'm asking you with my brain"

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps