Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 11)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey in this picture what possibly are those regular windows in a straight line under the impulse engine and are those two minor shuttle bays further down?

Oh and are those two unpainted escape pods next to the left shuttle bay?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh and in this picture you can see all the flags from TUC/Khitomer!?!?!?! I presume - no 'Earth' flag like some have picked out. There is a Triskelion flag - are they ACTUALLY from TUC?? What are those other flags??

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm guessing that the Terran Empire wouldn't have sent a deligate. I think that they are just every flag they could find in the warehouse. Still, I'd love to know what all of them are.

Triskelion and the empire are the only ones i can regognise on the right side though. Are the ones under the vulcan flags meant to be federation?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think only the flags on the left side were used at Khitomer, the right ones are from "In a Mirror Darkly", at least the top ones (left bears the same insignia as the "Encounter at Farpoint" soldiers from 2079).

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

So the model of the E-D shown there separates. I see it is strong enough to hold up the entire saucer section from the engineering section. How did they separate the two for filming? secret button?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karl Tate has uploaded some more pictures, this time of the rest of the auction. He's also provided an easy download link to zip files of all the photos. Be warned, though, that the downloads will take a *long* time, even on a high speed connection. Probably a restrictor of some sort on his end.
http://204.2.104.176/karl/
The two files are 39Mb and 89Mb.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. I really must find out if anyone I know splashed out on a phaser rifle. Knowing that lot, probably several.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that's bloody awesome. Anyone can make a perfect Lakota / E-B CGI model now. [Smile]

I can't remember if we concluded what that large chunk of Enterprise was - the one with just the Enterprise neck and top of the secondary hull? The only thing I can think of is the one shot of the big E easing into her slip at spacedock in ST3; we see bascially just the neck going by as Rand shakes her head.

However, that's a little wierd as the right side of the model is completed, and in a huge amount of detail too - you can see the decks within, with doors and everything! Man, they knew how to make 'em before the computer.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was used for the detail shots of the Enterprise getting fired on by Khan.

But I do love the detail in that section! There's a whole load of extra detail there, including a lot of signage.

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Oh, that's bloody awesome. Anyone can make a perfect Lakota / E-B CGI model now. [Smile]

Mark

Already done, mate. [Wink]

M

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What was the oversized top of the Defiant used for??

Can anyone see a close up of the Romulan Warbird of Ferengi Marauder in those photos?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Found the Warbird:

The Starboard nacelle is broken. Also on that page are lots of pictues of a smaller Enterprise - what was that used for?

--------------------

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mattc: Proof is in the pudding. Got some pics?

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

There is also a graphic in this desktop monitor - if you can work it out - it looks like a path home across the Galaxy for the Voyager.

http://204.2.104.176/karl/christiesSDCC06pix/pages/DSC03669.htm

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

So can someone explain what the nose-cone of the Pakled ship is about? I've always noticed it but thought it may have been a swivel-nose - it always seems to be in that position though. Why is it directed up? What is it's function?

Also - any takers on what part of the Pakled ship is Jaradan?

Here's a closeup: http://204.2.104.176/karl/christies06/pages/DSC06451.htm

--------------------

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps