Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG in HD (Page 12)

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: TNG in HD
Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While not nearly as funny as that, this screencap from Conspiracy is interesting, in that you can see just how beat up the cricket phasers were after only a season.

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x25/conspiracy_hd_475.jpg

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here is another example how even complete starships are deteriorate from S1 to S2!

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x21/thearsenaloffreedom_hd_123.jpg

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/images_s2review/review23.jpg

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon messed up on street date - either that, or their shipping is waaaay too efficient. My copy was delivered this afternoon. Looking forward to cracking into it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first disc starts off with a promo for TNG s3 - sadly, no release date, but a funny story about Patrick Stewart being confronted by a family over the summer after BOBW pt. 1 aired and being told he's ruined their summer.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by o2:
And here is another example how even complete starships are deteriorate from S1 to S2!

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x21/thearsenaloffreedom_hd_123.jpg

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/images_s2review/review23.jpg

HTV was fired over crap like this. They totally flubbed the second season set. CBS is outsourcing seasons 4 and 6 to a different company, while taking care of 3, 5, and 7 in-house
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you here that HTV was fired?
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wes:
HTV was fired over crap like this. They totally flubbed the second season set. CBS is outsourcing seasons 4 and 6 to a different company, while taking care of 3, 5, and 7 in-house [/QB]

I watched now a couple of episodes of the second season and I have to admid that it is not as bad as concerned. Yes, there are a few flaws (the space station at the end of 'The Child' for example), but roughly 99% of it is in HD quality and therefor way better then the DVDs. Of course we can complain about the little things that are not perfect and I liked that 'extra mile' that CBS put into the S1, but in the end S2 is still worht of possessing.

I hope that CBS has learnd from this and will pay extra attention in future when they are givin the work for S4 and S6 to an external company. By the way, I heard that 'BoBW, Part II' will be done by CBS as well in order to gurantie that both parts have the same look and feel.

o2
Member # 907

Did someone watched the new HD trailer for BOBW? There are two scences of the graveyard in it. The quality is better imho, but besides this I found nothing new. The blurry ships in the background are still not recognisable.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't expect to see new CGI ships in the scene, although I wouldn't have been upset if there had been. I did notice new fires/explosions from the wrecked ships though.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they fix Dr. Crusher being a complete idiot?
If her "He's exhausted!" line is still there, the episode is not ennhanced enough.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Did they fix Dr. Crusher being a complete idiot?
If her "He's exhausted!" line is still there, the episode is not ennhanced enough.

I have to admit, that is a pretty stupid line.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

I compared the new HD scences with SD screen shots, but I did not find new/added 'fire'. But in HD the burning is more 'red'.

The springfiled class is now a little better to see - I thing it is now visible that a part of the saucer section is missing (perhaps this damage was done to the ship after the 'beauty shots' were done). The springfield class can now identified in the scene where the ENT is entering the debris field (the scene where the Freedom-Class is visible):

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359/wolf359-5-2a.jpg

It is the ship marked with '???' (on the left side of the ENT's saucer).

o2
Member # 907

There are now a few screen caps of BoBW in HD quality available:

This is the screen shot where you can see the Springfield Class:

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/bobwpreview/bobwtrailerhd_006.jpg

The battle damage to the saucer section is pretty good to see.

This is the other shot where the Springfield is visible:

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/bobwpreview/bobwtrailerhd_012.jpg

But since this shot was taken from the plain of the saucher section, the damage is not that good to see.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just pleased that we'll have Elizabeth Dennehy in HD.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

o2
Member # 907

On a visible level she will look alright, but I'm afraid that she even in True HD cannot deliver the line 'Select a sceleton crew and separate the saucer section' in a believable manner.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps