Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG in HD (Page 21)

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: TNG in HD
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Indeed. o2, it's just a bit too anal-retentive to base stock footage of other ships as gospel. Yes, the ship described in dialog as the Biko has the registry number of the Cochrane, but did the Enterprise-D rendezvous with the Repulse every single time that we saw her flying next to an Excelsior?

I think you are missing my point: The re-use of the Repulse footage is no problem (and, as you said, a necessarity of filmmaking) because the name and/or the registry is not visible on screen. But for the Biko we have a different situation. The registry is indeed visible, at least in 'Drumhead'.
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
I think you got that mixed up. The display reproduced in the companion is the one from "In the Pale Moonlight". It was later modified for "DS9 The Siege of AR 558" with Starfleet vessels replaced by Klingon and Romulan ships, but the Cochrane is on both lists.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/PWB_Tomal?file=Casualty_list%252C_The_siege_of_AR558_1.jpg

I have to do same investigation on that (where are my DS9-DVDs?).
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a clearer picture of the modified version:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7703096

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are those PWR/PWB ships? Romulan?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Romulan logo is under the ship names. Praetorial WarBird is my best guess.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by o2:
I think you are missing my point: The re-use of the Repulse footage is no problem (and, as you said, a necessarity of filmmaking) because the name and/or the registry is not visible on screen. But for the Biko we have a different situation. The registry is indeed visible, at least in 'Drumhead'.

Actually, in HD the Repulse's registry is visible as 2544 on the end of the nacelle.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Actually, in HD the Repulse's registry is visible as 2544 on the end of the nacelle.

Is it possible that your blu ray disc has a higher resolution then the one that I am own? If you look at this picture from 'The Child':

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x01/thechild_hd_009.jpg

You can see that there is some text on the fins, but I honestly belive that you can't read 'NCC-2544' actually.

But we have other situations where we disregard a registry because we know that stock footage has been used.

o2
Member # 907

I had some discussion recently regarding the registry that is visible on the hull of the shuttle in 'Identity Crisis' and I thought this could be interesting for you guys as well:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Talk:NCC-70367_shuttlecraft#Title.3F

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to add that I think it is weird they haven't released anything about season 6. The season 5 had no preview for the 6th season, and usually, within a week or two of the release, the next season's release date has been announced.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 6 is the bad season. We don't talk about season 6.

Or is that SG-1.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Season 7 is the bad season.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been ages since I've watched TNG. Honestly the seasons blur together for me.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so funny how everyone says this or that season is so horrible without thinking of the first season at all.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The first season gets a pass because it was the first season.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

o2
Member # 907

I compared the Tachyon Fleet chart from Redeption, Part II from the Bly Rays with the DVDs and I found that the USS Excelsior is now listed as well. This ship was missing in the original status chart.

On the other hand is the USS Hathaway still not listed on that diagram.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps