Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 29)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And no, they haven't mentioned an "Academy" in ENT. Like I said, Reed mentioned training at Lunaport. There was also the facility for linquistics training in South America (?) where Hoshi was teaching in "Broken Bow."

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

P.S. Does anyone have any idea what this 'Sigma' logo is supposed to represent?
 -

Hey, Reverend, that's a fantastic Cap. Do you have any from that episode with the test vehicle in flight?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a cap it's a CGI shot from Brandon MacDougall's website. MacDougall is a CGI artist who has worked on Trek since VGR.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious where that CGI cap came from. Brandon MacDougall does some fine artwork.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
And no, they haven't mentioned an "Academy" in ENT.

I thought Trip said in "Stratagem" that he worked on simulators at the Academy. Of course, they don't say what academy, but it's a fairly easy assumption (especially in Star Trek) to think he means Starfleet Academy.

B.J.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Nope. Check the closed-caption log here: http://worf.dyndns.org/Enterprise/

He said "I've built simulators for Starfleet training."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to agree that there wasn't a dedicated Starfleet Academy(s) until the founding of the Federation.
Not sure about ENT Starfleet being the same organisation we see in the other shows.
While I'm sure the 'Earth Starfleet' probably served as the foundation, the organisation would have undergone a massive overhaul and re-organisation in terms of it's mandate, jurisdiction, governing authority and the very real possibility that it would assimilate several other organisations over the course of the next century (Vulcan High Command, Andorian Imperial Guard, UESPA, etc.)

So I suppose it is and it isn't the same Starfleet.
But then is the British Navy that defeated the Spanish Armada the same as the Navy afloat today? Again, yes and no.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's not a cap it's a CGI shot from Brandon MacDougall's website. MacDougall is a CGI artist who has worked on Trek since VGR.

Oo! Thanks!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, while on the subject of people coming in their pants. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the Xindi-Sloth Kemocite Facility Logo. I found this one at the Neutral Zone Star Ship Database web site.

-

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope. Check the closed-caption log here: http://worf.dyndns.org/Enterprise/

He said "I've built simulators for Starfleet training."

Curses! Of course, this is what I get for trying to watch Enterprise while our newborn is awake.

B.J.

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The image on my previous post about the Xindi-Sloth Kemocite Facility Logo does not seem to show up so here is the link to the image.

http://www.neutralzone.de/database/Alien/AlphaBeta/Xindi-SlothKemociteFacilityPatch.htm

--------------------
Odysious

Captain Cabac
Member # 354

- posted      Profile for Captain Cabac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More Pictures.
 -
Arctic Sled Transport Patch

Intrepid Patch

--------------------
Thomas Schmid
"Captain Cabac"
Webmaster Neutral Zone
E-Mail: [email protected]
Neutral Zone http://www.NeutralZone.de
Starship Database http://www.NeutralZone.de/database/

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the effort Cabac, but there isn't much I can do with those and the Intrepid shot is all but useless.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There was also the facility for linquistics training in South America (?) where Hoshi was teaching in "Broken Bow."
Yeah, but was that Starfleet? I haven't seen the ep in a while, but I think they were all wearing civvies, which would seem to imply it's a civilian facility. Although I may be wrong.
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps