Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 31)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a couple patches to go with the resurrected ASDB projects I'm currently working on.
 -
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Korolev patch. Especially the way you incorporated the rocket and Sputnik. The integration of the proper Cyrillic version of his name is a nice touch.

....wait a sec. You partially based it on a Soviet stamp commemorating Korlev! Nice work anyway. [Big Grin]

I noticed you've started adding a signature to your patches. It's nice and unobtrusive, but won't stop really determined people from swiping your work. Ah, the perils of posting artwork.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed I did base it on that stamp. [Wink]

As for the signature, I've actually been using it for a while, though mostly just on patches and then only one's that are my designs (as opposed to a reproduction.) I should really put one on the Nova Squad patch and have Dan update it.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I based my Starfleet Museum Korolev patch on a different version of the same stamp design! I've always had a soft spot for Soviet graphics.

-  -

For yours, I suggest you reverse the colors of the Chief Designer and the hardward so that the former is brighter and more prominent and the latter are more in the background.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

How's this? The blue wasn't working for me.
 -

--------------------

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it HAD to be red... It does look better, and breaks with the monotony of all those blue triangles. [Wink]

So, you had a fortunate coincidence with those patches. Nice to see a "historical progression" there.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Not much of a coincidence. There are only two, maybe three good images of Korolev and that one is the most "historical" looking.

--------------------

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No surprise there, he was top secret for half his life and before that he was slapped in a gulag in Siberia for being brainy.

I still think you should swap the colours on the Sputnik and Korolyev, he's the main focus and not the satellite.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
P.P.P.S. any of these look familiar to anyone?

Hey! They're your logos aren't they?? The Kzin/Tzenkethi one looks very much like your style of doing the logos.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

About 10 of them are mine. Not just the recreations either, the Constitution & Enterprise-class logos are my own design and the workerbee one I made has a hhgttg in-joke.
Such are the perils of releasing one's work online.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
How's this? The blue wasn't working for me.

The problem is the same; you've only changed the colors.
If this class is named after Korolev, he should be the focus, not Sputnik or the rocket. Because you rendered him in the same colors as the background, he sort of disappears. In constrast, Sputnik is drawn with very thick lines and is in natural colors; as a result it pops out of the background.

So, render Sputnik and the rocket in background colors (and with thinner lines) and use other colors for Korolev. OR do everything in the same color, but use thinner lines (or just gradients) for the hardware.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ah, I get what you're on about now.
 -
You're right, that's better.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. It's a matter of "where does the eye go first?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My eye went to the guy's forehead.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the first ones, I went to Little Sput first.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps