Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 16)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lt. Ro Aries
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_airforce_badge_02.jpg&cap=New%20U.S.%20Air%20Force%20Space%20Badge

found this. very intersting. Looks a little russian at the top. main site is www.space.com

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is that? Can we get a link to the article (if there is one)?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.space.com/astronotes/astronotes.html
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this at SSM yesterday: VERY "Starfleet".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So.. that's real!?

The delta is also on the CNSA emblem, and like Ro Aries said, the top part is a Soviet symbol.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the new space badge brings the design more in line with other branches of the air force.

See here for some examples. The three on the bottom of the page are the current space badges. If you'll notice, the star on top designates senior level, and the star plus wreath designates command. Without either is standard for everyone else. This seems to be common for all types of badges.
(Edit: I've occasionally been having trouble connecting to the AF server, so if the above link doesn't work, try again.)

This page also shows a good comparison of different AF badges.

B.J.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the arrowhead has been used for a while at NORAD. US Space Command (yes, there actually is one) has it in it's sheild:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/agency/afspc.htm

And yes, the new badge is official... it merely awaits final approval from the brass.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a cool design. It's no surprise those Air Weenies came up with it. The desk jockies of the US military. [Razz] They seem to spend more time playing in Photoshop then doing any actual work!

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, why no Hur'q? Too intricate? It doesn't look as intricate as your House of Gorkon seal.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was another 'emblem'/'logo' i saw recently might have been part of NASA (it had that red arrow-head they always use) but it had the Earth and behind it, the Moon, Mars and the Sun.

That Airforce Space division logo looks like something from some 1930's Sci Fi program - Flash Gordon or something! [Big Grin]

I suppose they DO need to have one now, with the Launch of the X-302's and the X-303/Prometheus.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Van found it rather weird to meet a no-kidding, real-life general from a "Space Force." It was weirder yet that America's Space Force had bases all around the world, with forty thousand service personnel. America's Space Force was twenty years old. Why had he never seen any Space Force soldiers in any war movies? Or TV programs, either. Not even The X-Files.
The Zenith Angle, by Bruce Sterling
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Space Force and the World of Tomorrow !!

--------------------

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Due to the "New Voyages" Episode I saw the need to recreate the insignia of the Farragut as it was displayed in the "Enterprise Officer's Manual" and the "Uniform Recogniton Manual" (and add the correct registry to the ship)

-

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Yeah, why no Hur'q? Too intricate? It doesn't look as intricate as your House of Gorkon seal.

Oh do be quiet. There's a good chap.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps