Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 18)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice & pink....the way it should be for a Caucasian.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her little waist chain/probe launcher ring is missing. But I assume that's coming up on the list. This is looking awesome.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, on my "still to do" list:

- Finish off all the top and bottom secondary hull sections.
- Probe Launcher ring.
- Running lights.
- Port/Starboard lights.
- Blinking running lights (if there are any).
- Impulse Engines.
- Shuttlebay.
- Phaser cannon ports.
- Finish off Deflector Secondary hull.
- Various docking hatches.
- Create better textures for the windows.
- Texture all unfinished parts.
- Tweak the texture properties to get the right "look."
- Create a set of hull lights for engine glows.
- Create a light-box to fit the mesh in.
- Render lots of nice looking pics. [Razz]

And once I've done that, and if I can be bothered, I'll add very low poly rooms and lights behind each of the windows to give the sense that you can actually "see" inside the ship.

Anyways been tweaking the mesh some today. Added the textures for the main part of the nacelles now. Fixed the end caps. Raised/lowered parts of the pylon struts to try and break up the flatness of it (although I'm not too sure of the result of that). Texture various parts of the sensor arrays and other dorsal saucer features. Added the "nipple" to the bottom of the sensor dome. Is that bump the right size? Toned down the bussard and warp grille glows a little. And a few other little things which I can't remember now.

Some pics showing some of the changes:

-  -  -  -

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more pics showing the changes:

-  -  -
 -  -  -

OverRon
Member # 2036

Just testing a light box setup here, the main scene light is a little too strong. Ignore the weird blue glows on the inner engines and pylon, as I was just testing out some glow lights there, but I'll need to tweak them a lot:

-  -  -
 -  -  -

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groove-i-nation.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

OverRon
Member # 2036

I've been working on the secondary hull's "belt," the parts that I assume are sensor pods, cargo bay, and one of the airlocks. Mostly un-textured at the moment, but I'm probably gonna rework all the textures, as they still look too bland.

-  -  -
 -  -  -

OverRon
Member # 2036

And testing a texture with a more prominent aztec pattern and a better light rig.

-  -  -
 -  -  -

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super cool...I drool in your honor, sir!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good, though I don't think you need to apply an aztec pattern to the forward sensor domes. Also, you might want to try applying a different texture to the raised sections of the nacelle pylons, or no texture at all. As it stands it looks far to continuous.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like your progress so far. I look forward to it's completion.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps