Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 9)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing left to do. It's done! Just need to wait for Bernd to update the ASDB site so the rest of the internet can nitpick it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd's a bit behind on the ASDB, no? The updated Korolev drawings aren't on there either...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he's a busy man and to be fair, the Korolev isn't exactly finished yet.

--------------------

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was a little bored doing my Runabout so thought I'd try and see what I can come up with by doing this design. Just an initial test render, of the saucer, and a long way from complete. Also testing out a texture as well. The grid lines are actually modelled into the saucer, so it's gonna be a hefty mesh when it's done.

-
 -
 -

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Round-y. I like it. Do you intend to leave the arrows as they are or make them more Starfleet? Or is this a FJ ship?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think you'll find the Excelsior had arrows too.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the nacelles, yes. No arrowheads on the saucer. But then, this isn't an Excelsior.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OverRon, how about giving it starbase lighting, the single light is good for realism, but we want you to show off your work.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't even thought about doing a proper light set up for it yet. The lighting in this is just to test out the textures and to see if the specularity was ok. Also I'm debating whether or not to use the "Aztec" specular level pattern and use it to bump the saucer a bit.

Anyways a very small update, just been adding some details to the rim of saucer, fairly small minor details like adding some of the irregular hull plating, and the windows and recesses. So the rim of the saucer is done apart from a texture.

-

Speaking of which, at the moment I've got the rim hull plating extruded separately from the top/bottom of the saucer, like the cross-section diagram I drew as A, should it be more like B? So that hull plating of the top and bottom is smooth around the "corners" of the rim?

-

Also, the parts I've circled here: A, B, and C. They're all recessed into the hull right? As I'm trying to get a sense of how the secondary hull is. How far are they recessed? 3m?

-

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you can bust out a rough model of this, you will be my hero.

Second of course only to Rev.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

OverRon
Member # 2036

Just finished off all the modelling of the hull panels (including the weirdly shaped bits on the impulse engine extrusion).

-

Edit: Closer shot of the detail on the impulse extrusion.

-

Just a few quick questions on the textures. They looking ok? Right shade of grey? Too metalic? The yellow too yellow? Aztecs too prominent/not prominent enough?

As I want to get fixed with one style of texture, then I'll make some higher res textures.

OverRon
Member # 2036

Just wanted to ask a few questions about the features on here:

-

A - I'm guessing phaser cannon emplacements? So that would be two on the underside of the saucer, forward facing, and four on the top of the saucer, sideways facing.

B - Not quite sure what this is.

C - Light's I'm guessing, but it leaves me wondering where the torpedo launchers are. Any in the saucer itself?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have made me want to buy a good 3D program. I miss my 3DSM.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C - sensor dome emplacements similar to the 1701-refit, I should think.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps